Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Heavy static disrupting output...please help!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

LHUCKSPRO InfinityMember since 2008
All of my output comes out with static.

There is no noise when I'm not playing anything, it's just when I'm playing my files which are "mpeg layer 3 audio files."

I have my RMX hooked up to a Yamaha receiver/amp and then two speakers...I have the receiver connected to outputs 1 and 2 RCAs. I have connected my laptop and used a winamp player directly through this receiver all the time with no problems. Also, I have the same problems with my headphone output so I'm pretty sure it's not my amp/receiver.

If I had to guess something with the software settings.

Please help, I have a gig in 3 days!!!

My CPU meets all system requirements.
I just bought the RMX yesterday and downloaded latest version of the software.

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 1:41 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Search on the forum for "Ground Loop"
In short, if you don't have static when you play without power supply on your laptop (on battery) then it is a Ground Loop problem. You can isolate your ground from power cord as a quick solution or get ground loop isolator:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:56 am
It's not a power issue as I have the same problem with no power.

It's not the latency config as I changed that as described by the advice given.

Not sure what's going on, but if tech support can't help me tomorrow I'm going to have to return this...too bad too, because I love the basic layout. : (

Posté Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 8:59 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hucks have you all the latest drivers installed for hercules, and are you running version 5.2.1 . when hooking up to your amp directly from the rmx you should be using the 1/4 output jacks and not the rca outs, what do you mean exactly by receiver is it an amp or mixer then fed to your amp.

check this out here it's a great link to the rmx site supplied by djstaffy and may help.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 8:52 am
"hucks have you all the latest drivers installed for hercules, and are you running version 5.2.1 . when hooking up to your amp directly from the rmx you should be using the 1/4 output jacks and not the rca outs, what do you mean exactly by receiver is it an amp or mixer then fed to your amp.

check this out here it's a great link to the rmx site supplied by djstaffy and may help."

thanks for the link!

It's a home stereo receiver(with amp built in). Do I need the RCA to 1/4 outputs for that? The guy at Guitar Center said the RCAs should be fine.

I'm running 5.0.7...thanks for the heads up there. I'll get 5.2.1 tonight.

I cleared up a lot of the static by not using my laptop docking station as I noticed in another thread that not all USB ports on laptops are "powered"...so I disconnected the docking station and used USBs on the laptop itself and not the docking station and it actually made a huge difference.

I also saw in another thread that scanning a song all the way through helps, so I've done that and that has made a difference...progress is getting made finally!

Hercules should put together a common problems/fixes list. It would probably help them keep a lot of customers...it took 4 painful nights for me to get through all the bugs...I almost threw the towel in even though I absolutely love the console.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:03 pm
Just read the document from the link...that is awesome...wish I would have seen that on day one.

thanks again for your help!

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:09 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
LHUCKS wrote :

It's a home stereo receiver(with amp built in). Do I need the RCA to 1/4 outputs for that? The guy at Guitar Center said the RCAs should be fine.

Yep, RCA's should be just fine. Run one from Output 1&2 of the RMX to a spare channel of your home stereo receiver.

The 1/4" outputs are professional grade and produce a slightly higher db output.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
jimmy b wrote :
The 1/4" outputs are professional grade and produce a slightly higher db output.

Yeah, only +4db...not a lot.

Posté Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:41 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TearEmUp wrote :
jimmy b wrote :

Yeah, only +4db...not a lot.

The difference between the consumer (dBV) and professional (dBu) standard is 2.2 dB to be exact.

Posté Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 2:34 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@hucks, glad you're getting sorted.

Posté Thu 04 Dec 08 @ 12:05 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)