Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DMC VS TOTAL CONTROL & DJIO

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everyone. I hope my findings help you guys make the right decision when choosing which controller to buy. I got hired during the weekend to test and demostrate the features and benefits of these controllers by a store that sells dj equipment.
Friday I set up my laptop and installed the software that came with these 2 controllers. I had already worked with these programs before so I knew what to expect and how to configure everything. I also installed the drivers for DJIO and made sure I selected the proper configuration by testing each configuration the ASIO driver has. I even downloaded the latest driver available in Numarks website.
So I tested and showed all the features of the DMC2 all day friday. It froze many times throughout the day. No matter what I did and no matter what settings I chose it kept on frezing on me. I disable anything I wasnt't using but the problem persisted.
The controller looks and feels great. It's very responsive and the display screen is pleasant to your eyes. I desided to installed the full VDJ pro version but to no avail.
Today I tested the Total Control device and it work perfectly without any freeze ups. Even though it feels toyish to may big hands it performed flawlessly.
The soundcard never gave me any issues and I like the fact it can be used by itself without the need to use an external mixer and still be able to monitor(Cue) your music. It is usb powered.
I even swapped the controllers and the freezing was defenately caused by the DMC2 controller.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone from buying any of these devices. I'm just trying to share my findings and if anyone has a solutions to the issue I found please share it with the dj community.
Peace and love

Posté Sat 20 Dec 08 @ 3:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)