Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual Dj mac version doesn't work!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just recently I finally bought an external soudcard to be able to mix with my recent Macbook Pro, meanwhile and at the same time I was mixing with the pc version and I was very happy although I didn't had no mobility because it wasn't a laptop!!!

But, to my surprise, the VDJ mac version doesn't work like the pc version!!! On my mac I work all the time with itunes because I also have an ipod, like so itunes is extremely important to me!!! When I read that VDJ for mac was compliant with itunes application I thought that my problem was solved, but it wasn't really!!! I can't operate with the folders like I'm used to do in the pc version!!!

I click on the genre and on the playlist folders and nothing happens!!! I can't create any kind of playlist, and don't know how!!! Isn't it possible to use VDJ with the genre of the itunes and its playlist?!?!?!

Allm my music is o mp3 format! I'm very stressed because new years party is coming and I can't even see the music on VDJ! It is everything mixed! Everything is there but it is alphabetically in order and it turns very difficult to me because all the music's genres are very different, so it is impossible to mix because of the miscellaneous disorder!!!

Please I need urgent help!!!

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 7:46 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Have you taken the time to setup you iTunes on the MAC like you have your iTunes on the PC?

VirtualDJ only reads the Playlists from iTunes and compiles the Genre folders based on what it reads from the iTunes Playlist.

Go into iTunes and create a single playlist and add 3 or 4 files.
Close iTunes and open VirtualDJ
Once open - click on the iTunes folder in the left panel and you should see your playlist and the files associated with the playlist.

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 8:30 am
ok... I already did it! I know that that is possible! But that isn't what I'm asking for! Is it possible to access the music on virtual dj like we access on itunes?! What I'm trying to say is that I want to access all my music that is already on itunes on virtual dj the same way!!!

There are two folders already on virtual dj when we install the software that don't do anything! They also can be selected on the browser menu on config! They are called "PLaylist" and "Genre"! When I click on them... nothing happens!!! I thought that since I alredy have all my mp3's on itunes divided by genre that by clicking on this folder I would get access to the same sort of info! Nothing happens when I click on this two folders that already exist on VDJ! What are they doing there?!?!?!

Is it possible to work with VDJ from the already existing and sorted, divided by genre mp3's off itunes?!

I'm I making my self clear?!

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 9:35 am
Well lets start by not being so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I explained how VirtualDJ reads the files -- you first have to have the files in a Playlist in the iTunes environment.

Then in VirtualDJ, once you add the files to the Search database and read the ID3 tags from the files (both of which are options that should be Enabled by default in the Config -> Browser tab), VirtualDJ will then use the Genre field from the read ID3Tags (data imported into VirtualDJ's database) to built the Genre folders. VirtualDJ DOES NOT read the iTunes Genre folders. VirtualDJ ONLY READS the Playlists from iTunes.

The Playlist you referred to (seen in the Config->Browser tab) is the VirtualDJ Playlists NOT the iTunes playlists.

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 9:44 am
Ok... I now know how to separate the mp3's by genre, but how can I also create the playlists on Virtual DJ?

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 4:07 pm
You load the files to the playlist panel then from the playlist menu (+) you save the playlist.

It might help you to go through the manual for these features instead of waiting for replies here. The PC manual is the same for the MAC version (just some graphics might look different, but similar)

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 5:29 pm
Ok... thank you very much... but one last thing! Ok? where is the playlist menu?! I've already read the pc guide but my english is a little bit rusty, as you already acknowladge, I'm not english!

Once again thank you for helping me!

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 8:15 pm
My first sentence in my post above -- it's the plus symbol ( + ) on the left side of the Playlist.

Posté Mon 22 Dec 08 @ 8:43 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)