Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet IRQ problems?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I recently re-installed XP on my system after it caught a bug. When I re-installed, I used the latest Herc drivers and installed VDJ 5.2.1 and got sound out, so I was good...

or so I thought.

I'm getting the "crackle and pop" syndrome that some users seem to get when using the Hercules MKII, and I know it has to be a setup issue, b/c I've been running this set up fine (mostly) for over a year now.

Here's my specs:
Dell Inspiron E1505
2GHz Core 2 Duo
2Gb Ram
Windows XP Pro
ATI Radeon Mobility X1400
Hercules MKII
TCV (sometimes)
Audio Only

My crackles and pops weren't too bad b/c I didn't really notice them until I made a new mix, and starting hearing the pops, almost like I was playing a slightly dusty vinyl. I've spent the better part of 4 hours this afternoon adjusting nearly everything I could think of in nearly every configuration, such as: safe mode on/off and overclock on/off for every combination of latency setting in the "Performance" tab, and I did every one of those combinations again for every latency ASIO setting on the Herc DJ Console settings (Yeah, that's a lot of combinations. I write/test software for a living, so the last thing I want to to when I get home is every possible combination of settings in VDJ!!! lol!).

This didn't fix anything.

So, I've now set my sights on the IRQ settings. I noticed that I seem to have a number of IRQ's sharing each other.
Check this pic:

Now, this is where I start to get a little out of my comfort zone, such as how to re-assign them and/or change them. But am I correct in thinking there are problems here?

One possible origin of this problem... when doing my reinstall, I had wanted to totally wipe clean and re-format my hard drive, but after doing that (I thought), I still had my old file structure when I got Windows re-installed.

If I completely re-install and actually get the hard disk wiped this time, I think my IRQ conflicts would go away.

Am I right about this. Or is there an easier way to fix my IRQ problems? I'm about at the point where I want to completely wipe clean and start over!

Please, guide me brave gents!

I've got a gig Wednesday night, and I don't want to crackle and pop everyone to death!

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 5:51 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Have a look at this mate, it was wrote by Simon (Skyfxl). There is some heavy shit in it, but very good information. There is a section on IRQ problems and conflicts and how to slove them, about 3/4 of the way down.

Hope this helps you.

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:14 pm
Turn off your wireless and try it, also try safe mode in VDJ.

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 6:18 pm
Thanks for the quick response guys!

@brian,
I've done both to no avail (I've even gone back an old firmware and version of the Herc drivers with no luck)

@jimmy,
I'll take a look and see what's in there...

Posté Mon 05 Jan 09 @ 7:07 pm
Well,

I've decided to do another fresh install after tons of reading. My IRQ settings are unchangeable due to ACPI and I really feel that my last re-install (which didn't completely wipe my hardrive clean) is causing some of the conflicts (at least I hope!).

So I read in sky's write-up (awesome by the way!) that to get a TRUE total wipe clean and re-install, that I must boot from my XP cd directly. I saw where my BIOS allows me to set the boot order, so I'm gonna try to do the re-install tonight by booting directly from the XP disc.

A couple ??'s first:

1. Am I correct in thinking that if I boot from the XP CD, I can do a full format and clean on all drives because the set-up files are now being read from the XP disc instead of the hard drive? (the problem before was it wouldn't let me reformat C:\ b/c it said it had setup files on it)

2. Anything I need to make sure I copy so I don't lose cue points, etc? I've got a backup of my VDJ folder in My Documents with all the .xml's, and I've got a copy of all my music, all my drivers, and all the programs I want to re-install.

Thanks for the help!

Wish me luck... if this doesn't work, I'm gonna have to dust off my limited vinyl collection and see if I can still kick it old skool for my gig tomorrow night ;)

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 11:08 am
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I got the same lappy you got and i had the same issue, what i did was:

Lower the hardware acceleration back one line.

Right click on Desktop>properties>settings>advance>troubleshoot>click back one line

Hope it helps........

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 11:33 am
Thanks djpr1!

I'll definately try that before a full re-install.

::fingers crossed::

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 12:40 pm
FIXED!!!

It was the video card hardware accelerator... thanks djpr1!

After opening it up, it looked familiar. I want to say that this was my magic bullet on my last re-install. But since I rarely have to do it, I can never remember, lol!

Well, this time, I've written up a procedure (for my PC at least). It still needs a little editing, but once I get it done, I'll post for everyone's reference and hopefully it can help some folks with my same set up. And I won't have to spend a couple of days fretting! Most of the stuff is pretty general and would benefit most users. Think of it as a toned down check list for sky's excellent write up that jimmyb referenced.

But many thanks again good people!!!
jimmyb
discobrian
djpr1

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 4:06 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Well, that saved you alot of work for sure,

No worries mate, glad you are sorted now :)

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 5:32 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Awesome!

It took me months to figure this one out (saved yourself a little time)..........Glad to help brother.

Posté Tue 06 Jan 09 @ 7:52 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)