Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Sujet VDJ symbol flashing on cdj700 skins ???

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all,
I just DLed the latest CDJ 700 skins... and the VDJ logo (top left corner) has now got a bigger (standard)VDJ logo over the top of the original blue one ! and it flashes..

Just wondering if anyone else has/had this problem....im going to have a FIT LOL

I dont mind it being there but is there a way to STOP it from flashing ??? (or remove it ..not fussed)

I found a thread a while back on this same thing but cant dig it up :-(

any help would b great
cheers
CB

Posté Wed 07 Jan 09 @ 8:22 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
From now on, if a skin doesn't have the logo element in the XML, a big VirtualDJ logo will appear at the top left and it flashes if the rhythm is under it.

To prevent this, add this code to the XML file:
<logo>
<size width="0" height="17"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</logo>

Make sure there is no other element (button/visual/textzone...) at the top right corner (position X=0 Y=0).

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 4:57 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
JeremK wrote :
top right corner (position X=0 Y=0).

top left :)
(not trying to be picky though)

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 6:37 am
yeah lol, i always get mixed up when talking about the left. But i know right is at the right :)

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 7:09 am
Thanks jeremk

Im not sure were to put it tho .. I tried droping it in at the top of the xml (on the left lol) ..but keep getting msg when trying to load it in VDJ

(invalid skin file error line 0 in the xml)

if you could show me just the part were it should go ...or what i may be doing wrong... would be great :-)

thanks again for your help peeps

CB

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 7:33 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
be careful on the placement of the logo it cannot overlap or touch any other element, it needs it own space. So you could have either had an error in the line of code or the logo was touching something else.

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 8:14 am
here is how i did it ...its only the first page so u can see ...but didnt work for me :-(

Quote :

<Skin name="Pioneer CDJ 700S" version="1.0" width="1024" height="768">
<copyright>- (c)2002 - Fabio Zanardini zanard1@virgilio.it -</copyright>

*******************************************************************************************

<logo>
<size width="" height="17">
<pos x="0" y="0">
</logo>

<browser>
<size width="988" height="265"/>
<pos x="00" y="503"/>
<text font="comic ms" size="17" weight="bold" color="#09D4F8"/>
<options font="comic ms" size="17" color="#09D4F8" over="#0000FF"/>
<widgets font="Virtual DJ" size="10" color="#99DDFF"
facecolor="transparent"
lightcolor="#0000FF"
shadowcolor="#0000FF"
darkshadowcolor="transparent"
highlightcolor="transparent"
trackcolor1="transparent"
trackcolor2="transparent"/>
</browser>

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 11:50 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You have to write width="0"

Check the version on the first line. It has to be at least version "5.0" or "500" (the first number has to be a number 5)

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 2:00 pm
AHH !!! it had an 0 missing ..i just cut it from jeremk's post above ..i did see the "" and wondered if somthing was missing LOL ill give it ago now....

Cheers

CB

(EDIT)

Ok i put the missing 0 in but still get the same msg... I really dont know what im doing :-(

As for the version ..do u mean for the skin (were it says version in code at top ??) .. Do i need to change it or is the skin wrong version ?? ..im a bit lost

Sorry to B a pain thanks heaps

CB

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 4:56 pm
I discovered what was going on ! ...there was A / missing from end of "pos" line ...

So i got it to work YAY... BUT... the logo is still there... just smaller and "STILL" flashing

Also now the setup menu or record menu will not apear when I click on it .........DOH ??

I think I might just put some DUCT TAPE on screen to cover it up LMAO

what am i doing wrong ?

CB

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 5:49 pm
Try this code:
<logo>
<size width="0" height="17"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</logo>

If it doesn't work, this one:

<logo>
<size width="68" height="17"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
</logo>

I'm sorry the code I initially posted was wrong.

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 6:00 pm
Thanks heaps JeremK, NP

Yep the second one works :-) (made logo smaller)... and the setup menu and record menu work also (not with the first code tho !)

Now I dont want to sound fussy but is there a way to stop it from flashing ??? or get rid of it all together...the CDJ 700 skins do have the VDJ logo already onit so it dosent really need the 2...

Thank you again for all the help for such a little thing (i just find it rather distracting the little flashing thing in corner of screen grrrrrr)

CB

Posté Thu 08 Jan 09 @ 6:43 pm
Ok I sorted out my prob :-) ....went and did some reading on making skins HE HE ...understanding whats going on now ...im moving it all over the screen (and out off CBG so it doesnt flash anymore !!!! YAY)

Thanks again for help peeps

CB

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 2:56 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)