Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules rmx console + Pioneer Cdj800..is this possible? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I own 2 cdj800 mkII decks and own the hercules rmx console and am wanting to connect the lot whilst using the great (thought i'd get that in ;-) haha) virtual DJ. Could someone tell me how to do this amazing thing.
:) Thankyou, in advance of course.

Posté Fri 09 Jan 09 @ 5:23 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You can, connect them to the RCA inputs 1&2, 3&4 on the back of the RMX.

But I think you need to have the Pro version to get the full benefits of the timecodes.

Posté Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 1:28 am
aw.
Ok then, i will have to look at purchasing the professional edition then :)
But. Before i do, can anyone now tell me what to do if i did get the professional edition and verify that i could do this.

Posté Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 4:34 am
When you get the Pro version.

jimmy b wrote :
connect them to the RCA inputs 1&2, 3&4 on the back of the RMX.

One to input 1&2 and the other to input 3&4

Download the timecode file from this site, burn to CD and use with your CDJ's. Config VirtualDJ to run with timecodes and away you go.

Posté Sat 10 Jan 09 @ 4:40 am

There appears to be sound on the VDJ PRO programme (the sound waves) of my friends, but it still comes up with the message which can be viewed. The Sound is actually still coming out of the speakers, but in no way does that appear to be linked/assosiated with VDJ as the track played on the pioneer cdj800mk2 can't be EQ'd etc.
My friend has the latest hercules drivers (as he also has an RMX console), and is running VDJ 5.2 Pro. Sorry to be a hastle, but can anyone give me some feedback as I want to ensure I can do this without paying all the extra money for vdj, only to find out i cannot do it.

Again, many regards in advance for the feedback. :)

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:00 am

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:02 am
There you go

It looks like you have chosen the PCDJ timecode engine in the timecode config. If you are using VirtualDJ timecodes you must choice the VirtualDJ, V4 or V5 timecode engine.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:07 am
Thankyou. I assumed that it would be PCDJ as i thought it was an abriviation, but regardless, with your help, i no longer have the message that tells me that i don't have a timecode (50% frustration over.. :P).

But now, the trouble is the timecode quality never goes above 0% on the correct signal (v5). Also, the song plays when virtual DJ is not even on..which suggests something obvious.

I really appreciate your feedback. Thankyou.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:38 am

Have you tried the V4 engine, and what grade of timecode are you using, Pro?

Uncheck Invert stereo and Invert phase.

Could you possible do another screen shot of what your getting now.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:43 am
I tried to use v4, but it did not have any response again referring to the "No time signal error."

I have burnt the disk, but just to be sure where do i put this and how does it lower the DB volume? Im using the pro one as it advised that if you are using a cdj800.

Thanks.
:)

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:50 am
jtsmith1 wrote :

but just to be sure where do i put this and how does it lower the DB volume? Im using the pro one as it advised that if you are using a cdj800.

Yes that's right, the pro grade timecode as already been lowered -14db.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:56 am

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 10:59 am

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:05 am
Thats directly after i click Auto-Config

Yeah, i click auto-config and it does not achieve any signal strength. Perhaps this will help.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=211v56w&s=5

That is my setup within the hercules taskbar.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:13 am
Try moving the Silence and Gain sliders to about 25-30% from the left.

Put you Asio buffer on around the 900 mark (19m/s I think) on the hercules control panel

BTW you can upload your images directly to the site by pressing the camera box at the bottom of your post page :)

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:15 am

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:26 am
jtsmith1 wrote :

The only point of confusion is where do i put the cd with the burnt timecode cd?

I don't get what you mean? Have you been using the CD?

Once the timecode is on the CD, you then use the CD as a normal CD and put it in the CDJ, then hit play on the CDJ. Once it's playing hit Auto config in the timecode config

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:39 am
Yeah i did that, and again still no luck. I am starting to run out of ideas, which leads me to think maybe i've gone wrong in the basic setup.

I play the audio through dual jack direct output of the hercules rmx console to a headphone jack in my speaker system. I have then connected rca cables 1-2 (audio out) from the cdj800mk2 to 1-2 (input) on the hercules rmx. I also have technics rpdh1200 headphones plugged in.

For this, im using the latest drivers just released from the hercules website and am using virtual dj pro 5.2.

Does this all sound right?

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 11:48 am
That sounds about right, basically CDJ connected to input 1&2.

My RMX is packed away, but if I'm right there are 2 little black switches on the back of the RMX, line/phono switches I think. When I connected my 1210 up to my RMX, when I didn't have my Maya. I had them switched to "line".

You could try that.

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 12:00 pm
Sorry about the late reply, decided to give it a while as it boiled over into over-annoyance!

Yeah. My switches are set to line, so can't really comprehend why it's not working. Blahh. I know a guy who does sound engineering @ uni. I'll ask him to pop around. When i find a solution, i'll let both you and anyone monitoring this thread know.

Thanks for all the replies!

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 6:35 am
95%