Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VJ'ing Questions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am wanting to VJ to a tune a friend has recently produced and then put the tune + video on youtube.
So i have a few questions!

1. Can i just play the single track and cross fade the video clips without having to cross fade in and out of the track? (I use a herc MK2)

2. I am producing the clips to VJ with on IMovieHD - By taking a normal video clip taken on a camera i then render it with the visual fx options to create a new clip which i want to VJ with - only thing is after i have rendered the clips they aren't recognised by VDJ so i cannot load them up... do i need a new codec for this?

3. How do i record my VJ'ing?

Cheers,

Luke

Posté Sun 11 Jan 09 @ 1:25 pm
any ideas :-) ??

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 8:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You need to use a program like Vegas or other video/music editing/production software. What you are describing is not for VirtualDJ.

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 3:28 pm
so there is no way of turning these rendered files into a file type that is compatible with VDJ?

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:05 pm
and can i switch between video clips whilst playing a single track - ie. not having to swap between two?

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:06 pm
Just thought i could export my rendered clips as mpeg2 files - then they should play on vdj!

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 7:39 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
iMoveHD should have a way of outputting a video file to mp4

I cant see why they would not play in Virtual DJ

I use iMovie 08 the odd time and it outputs without any issues.

I really good video editor for Mac is Final Cut Express only 200euro and it outputs to VDJ very easily I use the Apple TV setting. The learning curve is a but steep.

You could also use Quick Time Pro as another cheap alternative to convert your files.

If you want to play the files without audio just use Clipbank and activate the plugin.

If you want to mix the video files then just convert them to the format that is compatible with VDJ and play the in VDJs decks. Then your only issue is having the correct format and VDJ will play them no problem

Personally I use mp4 that is encoded usein the h.264 codec

Posté Mon 26 Jan 09 @ 6:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)