Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 5.2 vs 4.3? Please advise.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just upgraded from 4.3 to 5.2 I kept 4.3 on my computer in a different folder and backed everything up.

In 5.2 it takes longer for a song to load? Is there anyway I can fix this? Is this normal?

All my songs are in this format, Artist - Song name.mp3. They only come up when I adjust the new database parameters to filename and BPM. All the titles come up as track 1, 2 and so on. Can someone help me fix this?

I also noticed 5.2 takes more memory to run? 4.3 was taking about 78K in my task manager while 5.2 is taking 125K? Is this normal? Are there additional tweaks I need to make?

Lastly, my 4.3 still works, but AUTOMIX does not work, and a few of the buttons around the database GLOW BLUE? What happened?
Do I have to rename the original VDJ? Can I do this at this time? How can I fix this?

All comments and advice are appreciated. 4.3 has been rock solid for me for two years and many many weddings... I expect 5.2 to be the same.

Is there anything I need to worry about or focus on?

Thanks.

CM

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:28 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
chris1974 wrote :

All my songs are in this format, Artist - Song name.mp3. They only come up when I adjust the new database parameters to filename and BPM. All the titles come up as track 1, 2 and so on. Can someone help me fix this?

You could try to "reload tags"

Highlight all your files in the Browser, Click on first file in the browser, then Ctrl + A, right click and you should see a option to Reload tags, hit that.

You could even re annaylize your files, so you can get the Key values ( Key dectection was added in 5.1)

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:40 pm
They have to be reanalyzed, and they all will when loading so you might want to do it overnight.

Posté Mon 12 Jan 09 @ 6:41 pm
I have a very annoying bug, Has anyone else experienced this.

The good side. Virtual DJ works great. video is smooth as a baby's bum. transitions 'n' all. cpu working at 2-4%, loads of excess memory (3ghz)... But...

The bad side. some nights not all, i get a stutter in a track which lasts 2-4 seconds? Completly random? (random songs, random times) and the last gig it happened on i got a skip on song1 song2 song 3 and then song 4 nothing after that all night exept once half hour before the end? and some nights its fine, no problems or skips at all?

All anti virus and scans are off, and nothing else running?

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 8:35 am
Rob what version of VDJ are you using?

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 3:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)