Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet which video output lead ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

riotHome userMember since 2006
hi there. im headin out to magaluf to dj in april and would like to try and get my virtual dj working with my serato scratch live box so i can mix video music on the big screen.

i spoke to the sound and light engineer for the club i will be playing in, in spain and he says i would need a cable that has vga

(my laptop only accepts vga) to video line convertor

this is what the engineer says!

" well it's posible, but you need a VGA TO VIDEO LINE convertor becouse the video mixer don't have a VGA INPUT!!!
VIDEO LINE 75ohm 1vpp (NOT RF) normaly have a rca (phono) conector or BNC, im not shure but many laptops have a video output, but the quality are not to ok but maybe work well "

can you let me know if it would work ok on the big screen and if it would be ok quality with me having a vga output? thank you

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 3:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
He's refererring to a composite output.

Most laptops have an S-Video output connector, and most are supplied with an adapter to give composite from that. It's the TV output on your laptop.

If your laptop has no composite or s-video, you will need a VGA to Composite convertor.

This is probably the most common video connection you will ever come across...

Posté Tue 13 Jan 09 @ 6:20 pm
Yes, Composite Video is the most common. I started with S-Video laptop output to Composite video convertor, however, on some screens I was getting only black & white. A friend of mine discovered that bridging 2 of the S-Video wires gave permanent colour. I used this converted wire for a while but had limited screen size 800x600 (I now carry it as a backup).

I then bought a PC to TV convertor box from Maplins that takes the VGA output from the laptop and gives VGA, S-Video and Composite video output from the PC to TV convertor box, but, at a much higher screen quality 1280x720.

The PC to TV convertor box was around £30 from Maplins.

Posté Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 6:12 am
so all im needing is one of these? VGA to Composite convertor and that should do the trick? im not very clued up on these things. i checked on ebay and there was loads of different ones when i put in VGA to Composite convertor. i jusdt want to make sure i get the right things!!!thanx for the help lads

Posté Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 6:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Does your laptop not have an S-Video connector or a composite connector then?

What laptop is it?

Posté Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 10:12 am

Posté Wed 14 Jan 09 @ 11:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)