Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Unusual one last night.........

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

...........about half an hour into gig, laptop screen froze. Switched off VCI-100 as I've done in the past......nothing! Went to press play on the Denon CD players...........nothing!!! Gulp! The satelite TV is on a channel of the mixer, slid the volume up..........nothing!!! OMG!!! Had to switch off the laptop manually, then thought, switch off the Denon CD players and back on. The deputy manageress arrive at the booth to see what was going on. She said the owner had just walked in the front door!!! OMG. Hit play on the CD players and they worked this time, must of been 30 seconds of silence but seemed like hours, laptop was nearly fired up by this time. Restarted VDJ and everything was back to normal. Checked the TV output on the screens and it was just a load of blocks frozen, switched back to VDJ and everything worked OK for the rest of the night. Tried the TV after I finished and the picture was back to normal.

I can only think that there must have been a spike or surge on the mains to knock everything out like that. Scary when your backup doesn't work!!!

Posté Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 1:20 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
DJSoulman wrote :
...........about half an hour into gig, laptop screen froze. Switched off VCI-100 as I've done in the past......nothing! Went to press play on the Denon CD players...........nothing!!! Gulp! The satelite TV is on a channel of the mixer, slid the volume up..........nothing!!! OMG!!! Had to switch off the laptop manually, then thought, switch off the Denon CD players and back on. The deputy manageress arrive at the booth to see what was going on. She said the owner had just walked in the front door!!! OMG. Hit play on the CD players and they worked this time, must of been 30 seconds of silence but seemed like hours, laptop was nearly fired up by this time. Restarted VDJ and everything was back to normal. Checked the TV output on the screens and it was just a load of blocks frozen, switched back to VDJ and everything worked OK for the rest of the night. Tried the TV after I finished and the picture was back to normal.

I can only think that there must have been a spike or surge on the mains to knock everything out like that. Scary when your backup doesn't work!!!

Did you have a static charge? Static can do similar things to what you described....

Posté Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 1:45 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJSoulman wrote :

Scary when your backup doesn't work!!!

You might want to think about getting a backup, for you back up, lol

Maybe you should have a speak to your boss and get some electricians in to have a look at the power supply, When was it the last time it was tested and inspected?

Posté Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 1:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)