Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules Mixer? - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

DJ ARSEHome userMember since 2009

Posté Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 2:46 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes but on the link it show the herc mp3 control. - It does not contain a soundcard actually.

Just a brief info;)

Herc mp3/ Herc steel - No soundcard but it is a controller and a mixer
Herc mk2 / Herc rmx - Soundcard, controller and a mixer.

Regards.

PS: And pls do not buy used item as u can't register ur bundled software here or have an upgrade;)

Posté Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 2:52 pm
To be honest, i am a begginer.
So the set that the link shows, this can be used with the software, right?

And also, would it be able to scrach the record as well (from the mixer to the software). What does the sound card thing mean?

I am really sorry about this, (complete idiot)
Robin

Posté Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 3:50 pm
Yes it can be used but u need to buy separate soundcard for it.

Soundcard is the device that facilitates the input and output signal to/from a computer to the hardware/software etc. Also known as audio card.

Yes the herc mp3 will control VDJ as it is the midi controller.

Regards;)

Posté Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 7:15 pm
So why would it say SoundCard then,

Any advise on where i can get a relativily low priced one cause the ones i have found are really expensive
The..er...smallest priced one I could find was this one:
http://www.djkit.co.uk/product.php?id=4356&cat=142

Thanks,
Robin

Ps, ya know at this rate i am probaly an embarrisment to all DJs

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:47 am
Robin,

It all depends on your intended use. If you plan to use this as your primary console and you DJ regularly - don't cut corners or go for the cheap solutions.

Looking at the original link you posted it does look like a MkII and the description does say "sound card".

There are plenty of options out there now with mixers with embedded MIDI controllers, soundcard controllers like the RMX or completed standalone units like the Numark NS7.

As, in your own words, you say you are a beginner here, why not take the time to tell us what your needs are, where you DJ, how often, etc. There are plenty of DJ's here willing to offer words of advice experience and this should help you making the right solution - not the first one that pops up...

Hope this helps,

Roy

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 4:40 am
Man i prase you,

Ok, i will confess;
I have been working with music for ages and some time ago I wished to be a DJ.
Finnaly a few days ago my wish came true, some guys asked if I could DJ and I said no but I want to be one. They said if i became one, could i work at one of there "get togethers".

So really, I have never performed but I do know how to Dj a little. My intention is to DJ two small parites and a prom.

So what adivce could you give for that,
Thanks a million :)
Robin

Ps, has anyone ever wandered when someone writes something on a forum and others cant tell wether the guy is using sarcasm or not?

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 10:12 am
Sorry the link u provided is indeed the herc console mp3 which DOES NOT include a soundcard.

If U think that my reply is sarcasm, my apology . And i don't know why u think my answer is sarcastic.??

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 10:49 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ ARSE wrote :

Ps, has anyone ever wandered when someone writes something on a forum and others cant tell wether the guy is using sarcasm or not?

SpinnaJ wasn't using sarcasm, it's not in his nature, He is a all round nice guy, believe me!!!

The link you have posted is indeed a Hercules mp3 DJ controller, it has no soundcard, if you want one with a inbuilt soundcard then you need to look at the Hercules mk2 DJ controller.

The Description from the site is wrong mate.

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 11:04 am
NO no no no no, your answer is not sarcasm,
I only said that because i sounded sarcastic
Sorry about that (and sorry for being apologetic). It is because i feel bad about wasting your time.

Everything you are saying is helpful, so;
I have around £300 to spend so what would you get with that so you could get a nice DJ set (if that makes sense)

Thanks
Rob
(I freaking worship you man)

Ps, are these the same:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-4780288-DJ-Control-MP3/dp/B000BQTL3K/ref=pd_sim_dbs_ce_3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HERCULES-Control-USB-Sound-Card/dp/B000BK2EOY/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232484049&sr=8-13#

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 11:05 am
DJ ARSE wrote :

I have around £300 to spend so what would you get with that so you could get a nice DJ set (if that makes sense)

How about this the mk2 version (with in inbuilt soundcard) and a licensed copy of VirtualDJ Pro

http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

These 2 should add to just under £300 and it's a nice beginner setup.

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 11:41 am

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:12 pm

Basically the Hercules mp3 controller, just controls the software, you would need a 5.1 or higher USB external soundcard in order to pre-listen to your next track

The mk2 model has a soundcard built in, so you wouldn't need another soundcard to pre-listen, you just plug your headphones into the unit. A all in one controller

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:24 pm
So how much would a suitable sound card cost for the system (cause it may turn out to be cheaper)
I get the felling that i am starting to get anoying cause of these questions :)

Rob

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:28 pm

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 12:58 pm
Thanks to everyone here who has guided me to what I should do,
Thanks,

Robin
Peace out--------------

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 2:07 pm
DJ ARSE wrote :
I have around £300 to spend so what would you get with that so you could get a nice DJ set (if that makes sense

Rob,

I started out with the original Hercules controller - which did have a sound card. The main problem I had with it is that it is very compact - about 6" x6". It's very easy to accidently brush the jog wheels and cause an unintended scratch.

For £300 you can easily get the Rmx - Now that doesn't come with the Pro version of VDJ, but with a custom version - which you can register here and get support. The console version of VDJ is tailored to work with the Rmx with matching buttons to the console on the screen. For you to get the experience, but also be able to "perform" at your firsts gigs/parties with a professional touch I would strongly recommend the Rmx over the MkII.

Remember you can always upgrade to the Pro version at a later date once you have some experience - plus you get a healthy discount here as long as you have registered your console version.

The Rmx comes with a nice padded case too which will protect your investment. If the MkII is anything like the original, then you will get a plastic cover and shoulder strap, but the console will be exposed to the elements when not is use.

I got my Rmx from http://www.djkit.co.uk. Their current price is £260. They are a real shop too so you can pick up the phone and talk to them if need be.

Don't be confused by the "Steel" this is just a controller like the original link you posted. The Rmx is a controller and high quality sound card, so you can simply hook the Rmx straight to an amplifier and go...

I've been using mine week in/week out since I got it in July and 3 other DJ's have bought one on the back of seeing me use mine...

The choice though is yours. Whatever you choose, good luck and don't forget to come back here for help/support when you start to learn your new trade ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Wed 21 Jan 09 @ 7:08 pm

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 12:54 am
Hi Robin,

I would like to give you the same suggestion as GadgetMan.
I have exactly the same experience as yours. Actually, I mixed music before with "Audition"(Well, the age when I was using that, it was called "Cooledit"). After a few weeks research, I bought RMX. The reason is that I can easily upgrade to the timecode solution in the future. You can use the RMX as a easy midi controller for small party. The equipments you have to bring with you for the small party are laptop, RMX, earphone, and some cables. I've been using it for months and I am considering to go to the timecode solution. It won't bother me to buy another mixer for VDJ, because RMX can be a nomal mixer for VDJ. To summary it, I got two points as follows.

1. For beginner DJ with mixing experiences, buy something that can be upgraded easily in the future.
2. For small size party, laptop + VDJ + RMX is convenient and good enough. For big one or clubs, I will use laptop + VDJ + Vinyl timecode in the future.

By the way, the laptop I am using is a 2005 oldschool. After 3 hrs playing, VDJ will become slower. If you like to throw home party like me, you'd better have a better nice laptop.

Sorry for the poor English.
Some suggestions, and I wish that would answer your questions.

Ting

Posté Fri 23 Jan 09 @ 1:30 am
Damit forgot to ask,

Whe it comes to connecting the Herculies console to a laptop, does it come with a lead of some sort?
Can you attach it to the headphone jack,

Thanks
Rob

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 3:20 am
91%