Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV and external soundcard.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So, basically.

In the past few weeks I've been thinking about picking up a deck just for scratching. Now, I was also hoping I'd be able to get out of this somewhat cheap on most parts; so since all I need is one deck, I could get a cheaper soundcard, would only need one TCV etc. and instead put those bucks elsewhere and get an mk5 or something.

Now point is, I would also like to keep using my Xponent as my main mixer and general soundcards (booth out and headphones out), I've been playing around with the settings and I don't know really how I would have to set it up.

Is this at all possible? I would hope so. Another mixer just for the heck of it would be an unnecessary expense and rather clunky since it most likely wouldn't be put to use.

Any help appreciated.

Binky.

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 3:07 pm
Think it might be super easy for you...

The Xponent controller, has line inputs right?
and asio drivers?

if so, all you need is a turntable and timecode vinyl, and you're good to go :)

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 3:16 pm
Nah see, that's the problem. I was hoping for that. But turns out, while an ASIO-card. The Xponent has only outputs, master, booth and headphones.

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 3:19 pm
ah, damn...

Ok, what you need then is ONE soundcard that has just that, at LEAST one stereo in (if one turntable), and two stereo outs.

You can still use your Xponent as a controller and mixer though :) just not the soundcard...

with ASIO drivers:)

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 3:22 pm
Well damn. Welly well, the cables are long enough and it's not like there's all too much money to save on soundcards anyway.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: If I get the Maya44 or similar, since it gets a lot of talk around here. I'll be able to use the headphone out as, well headphone out, right?

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 3:28 pm
yes ;)

The two outputs (or more) from the soundcard can be used either as master out + headphone, or one stereo out for each deck... (to prelisten from an external club mixer)

So a soundcard like that, will give you all you need :)

Posté Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 3:58 pm
Just hooked this set-up up, and it seems to be working wonderfully, except for a little detail.

According to VDJ, my TCV is playing backwards. Any reason why?

Edit: And quickly he would realize that he'd plugged it in kind of backwards.

Posté Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 4:11 pm
put your rca connectors for the soundcard the other way(switch colors)

Posté Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 5:22 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)