Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Why not Turntable Controller???

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Actually, I am a hercules rmx user. I saw a lot of discussion about the jogwheel of rmx can't actually be used for scratch.
I think it would be so easy for Virtual DJ team to create a product, which maybe called timecode turntable or turntable controller.
The size of it may be as big as a real vinyl turntable. It spins in the same speed as real turntable, but there is no cartridges. It sounds like a big CDJ, but the difference is that it doesn't have CD-Rom tray. The only signal it will send is the built-in timecode signal.
In other word, it's just a midi controller that can control VDJ PRO. No music source input needed for this controller, and the output of this interface can be either usb or RCA. If it's USB, it's just a VDJ midi controller. If RCA, it would be the same as a normal turntable with timecode vinyl.
If it's possible, I will buy it and keep all of my equipments digital instead of buying two turntables and timecode vinyl.
After all, the convert of analog to digital still have 8 to 30 ms delay. Why not just make a turntable controller and make everything digital?

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 4:21 am
looshusHome userMember since 2008
i see what you're asking for but just buy a turntable and timecode vinyl, you only need one, will hook straight up to your rmx, i'm able to reduce the latency to 1 or 2ms which really is not noticeable at all and you can scratch absolutely fine on it, i've got a friend thats a pure turntablist and he's well impressed with how well the setup works.

alternatively, there are cdjs out there that are as big as TTs and you could jus put a TCCD in it if you dont want the hassle of cartridges etc that come with TTs

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 10:48 am
burd691Home userMember since 2008
once you have the one TT setup with a timecode on it, how do you switch which track your controlling and how does that work ( as in does it work well or not so much.) if it works well im thinking of getting one numark tt500, if it doesnt ill get 2 numarktt1650's.

so i hope it works cuz the tt500 is far superior.....

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 11:37 am
Hi looshus,

Thanks for your reply.
May I ask how you setup your laptop and VDJ?
ASIO or WDM? What's your latency setting, and how fast your laptop is?
Right now I still have hicups with the ASIO setting. After three hours playing, it will also become retarded.
I don't know if it's because I am using an oldschool laptop (2005) or bad setting in VDJ.
Without solving this problem, I am afraid of going into the timecode solution will make VDJ slower.
Anyway, do you have any suggestion for choosing turntables.
I've never owned it before but have the idea of how to use it.

Thanks

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 1:20 pm
I don't know if the midi player is already compatibly with Vdj, but Numark is coming with a new midipalyer, the Numark NS7, this looks to be wath the poster is meaning, maybe my awnser is of any help. I myself am hoping that its compatible with Vdj because wath i've seen of the Numark NS7 looks promising, i am waiting until the nearby dj-shop has it in stock so i can take a look and a try-out, this midi-player has 2 7-inch, vinyl look and feel, jogs.

Posté Sat 24 Jan 09 @ 2:28 pm
I checked the Numark NS7, and I think it's exactly what I need.
Could you tell me that when it will be on market and how much is it?
The only concern of NS7 for me is the scratch feeling. I hope it can be as good as real 12'' vinyl.
Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for it.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 1:56 am
According to the webshops here in Holland, the controller is in backorder allready, they are waiting for the first ones to arrive. The price here will be between € 1500 and € 1700 euro's, so not very cheap, but still i am putting money aside to look if i am going to buy one. The critics here at Namm 2009 (audioexhibition) are very enthousiastic about the new NS7, so this may be the first real controller with the authentic vinyl feel to it. Hope to have given you enough info, good luck any way. For more info you can always check the local Numark importer site in yoour country, or send them email for the info you want.

Greetz.

Posté Sun 25 Jan 09 @ 6:11 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)