Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DEV. TEAM AND ADMIN

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

IVE BEEN USING MY BROTHERS VDJ SINCE HE WAS STATIONED IN IRAQ, BUT HE IS BACK...AND ITS TAX TIME. SO IM CAUGHT IN BETWEEN VDJ AND SERATO(NEVER USED SERATO). I LOVE VDJ AND HAVE USED IT AT GIGS LARGE AND SMALL. OK I WANT VDJ BUT THE ISSUE WITH TIMECODE IS SWAYING ME TO SERATO AS I DO SCRATCH AS I MIX AND FROM WHAT I SEE SCRATCH IN SERATO IS BETTER. BUT I WANT VIRTUALDJ MORE, SO IF I COULD GET SOME SORT OF INCITE AS TO AND IF THE TURNTABLISM TIMECODE LAKENESS WILL BE ADDRESSED I WILL PURCHASE VDJ CAUSE ROCKING A PARTY WITH IT IS SO MUCH FUN.(AND I DONT USE AUTO SYNC AT ALL, I USE LOOP OUT AND ECHO OUT ONLY EVERYTHING ELSE IS ME..FOR ALL THAT WOULD ASK)..SO IF YOU HAVE PLANS TO MAKE YOU VINYL CONTROL BETTER TO THE POINT OF TOPPING SERATO I WILL PURCHASE VDJ AND RIDE WIT YA BUT IF THIS IS THE BEST THE TIMECODE WILL BE I HATED BUT I GOT GO SERATO

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 1:36 am
Now that's a fair question. A big welcome home for your Bruv. I do a weekly gig for the armed forces, miss them when they leave but its great to see the safe return of the guys who have just done a tour of duty.

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 5:30 am
thanks. once he gets settled he will be joining the site.. his name is djnufskilz

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 6:41 am
VDJ will allow you to interface to CDJ's or Turntables and works really good for all my customers. Just make sure you have a fast computer and lots of ram. Drive space is a factor too when you get a lot of videos. Some of the issues I have heard about Serato is that it limits you to the video formats you can use. They want you to use Quicktime and that is highly compressed. Also you have to use the TTM-57 mixer. They say that they new 1.1 version will open up to using the SL-1 box and MP4 videos but no one knows if it will support (.VOB). Good luck either way but I like VDJ just cause its been around longer and the bugs have been getting worked out.

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 11:38 am
Don't miss understand me ... i prefer vdj..but the timecode could be more accurate and dependable..i use vdj at home at lower volumes and its very good ..(juggles, scratch, spin) but when im in the club on very load bass heavy systems its not as dependable..to where i limit my scratch and juggles.. but in the same venue - same system, serato users werent having this problems, but mixing with the effects, i really dont work the video that much as of yet its in a class its own..its been said on this site the target wasnt turntablist at first but the techno-house mix djs..kudos you have cornered that market..but us turntablist party mix djs would love for you tighting up the timecode so we can have the best program with the best everything including timecode if we rather not have serato....cause i been doing this since 1984 started wit a pair of sl-bd1's...and now vdj on a pair of twelves ohh... gotta go put in 15 min..just talking about it make me wanna get on deck...

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 12:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
question? Are you using the VirtualVinyl vinyls? If so, change the settings around and use the Serato vinyls ... do you get the same problem? Or, is it more stable?

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 6:01 pm
i use virtual dj vinyls should i use sreato vinyl is that the fix if so ill try it but is the vinyl controll as a whole on the work floor..

Posté Tue 03 Feb 09 @ 8:44 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)