Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet time code quality 0%

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

my time code quality is at 0 i am set to vdj time code (v4) and im using serato scratch everything works fine its just that when the bass comes in on a song it gets incredibly distorted please help.

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 12:24 am
Which soundcard are you using?

Also: for serato vinyls, make sure you use the "noisemap" setting.

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 4:59 am
okay i am using noisemap now and my soundcard is maya 44 usb but now that i am using noisemap when it works well untill i stop the song then it starts to roll rapidly backwords and sounds terrible please help i spent allot of money for all of this stuff and im extremley frustrated!!!!!

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 2:57 pm
Try putting your maya44 input strength to about 60%, monitors should be muted at all time.

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 5:00 pm
no there still spinning backwords the only time they dont is when my numark turn tables are spinning but once i stop the turn tables the song starts to play backward

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 8:00 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

It sounds like you have your RCA jacks the wrong way into your soundcard. You can either change them over or check the invert phase option (or something like that) in the timecode config.

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 8:26 pm
invert phase does not fix the problem all it does is make the song run backwords when i actualy play it.
also my rca cords are correct because if i unplug all of them the vitual turn tables still spin backward.
so that leads me to believe that is is my sound card settings or something because it cant be my sound card its a brand new maya 44 usb.

Posté Thu 05 Feb 09 @ 9:27 pm
frank.tilt@yahoo.com wrote :
no there still spinning backwords the only time they dont is when my numark turn tables are spinning but once i stop the turn tables the song starts to play backward

Wait... Even if the needle is not on the record? :S

Posté Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 6:43 am
yes even if the needle is not on the record even if there is nothing plugged into the rca jacks on the sound card

Posté Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 4:26 pm
Frank,

Please change your login name. Email addresses should not be your login name.

Posté Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 3:10 am
i am not able to change my login name

Posté Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 2:03 pm
frank.tilt@yahoo.com wrote :
yes even if the needle is not on the record even if there is nothing plugged into the rca jacks on the sound card

It sound like your sound card is screwed up or something....? Even when nothing is plugged in the record spins backwards super fast...? Do you have any other hardware controls aside from your TCV?

Posté Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 4:23 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have a similar problem sometimes with my Numark Virtual Vinyl sound card. Sometimes it doesn't see the input, only a bit of noise. When I do an auto adjustment, Virtual Vinyl (VV) cranks up the gain and detects the noise as a fast spinning vinyl. I fix this by closing VV, unplugging the sound card from the computer, then plugging it in again, starting VV and doing another auto adjustment.

Frank;
Have a look at the waveforms in the advanced view and tell us what it looks like. With a vinyl playing, View1 should look like a circle and an oval on top of each other (might be slightly different with a serato vinyl though). It should look like a dot with no vinyl playing. Maybe someone can tell you where to find some examples.

If you are getting distortion on bass, it sounds to me like the gain is too high. Check the meters on screen and see that they are not maxing out. If they are, reduce the gain control on the screen.
It's possible but highly unlikey this could be interference from your speakers or Amp if their close to your decks and sound card and if you have a grounding problem. When I put a fan on my desk, is puts a lot of noise on the turntable signal.

If you have a serato sound card, try using it with VDJ. I have used a friend's serato soundcard on my Virtual Vinyl (same program as VDJ) and it works better than the Numark card.

If you haven't already done so - Check your grounding. My Numark card has to be grounded while serato doesn't. Check that you have the soundcard set to phono, not line.

Craig

Posté Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 6:42 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Frank;
In your first post, when you say "Serato Scratch", are you talking about Rane Serato (opposition to Virtual DJ) or are you talking about the Turntable control part of Virtual DJ?
What brand of Timecode vinyls are you using?

Oh, and please don't post multiple threads on the same problem. You will get helped if your patient. If you really, really must bump your thread up the list, adding a reply to an existing thread brings it back to the top of the list. Having multiple threads means someone has to read all of them to get all the details. It also unnecessarily fills up the forum.
Note that the vast majority of forum users are unpaid volunteers and deserve all the thanks we can give them.

Posté Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 6:47 am
Give use some screenshots of the Timecode Config window, that could clear alot of things up for us.

Posté Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 7:26 am
nevermind i cant belive i didnt think of this before im so stupid.......the gain was up to high in my noisemap i didnt notice it because i was getting 100% sound quality so i didnt bother to look at it. the program was picking up electric vibration from the maya 44 usb because the gain was to high. much like if you have sound sensitive lighting and you turn the sensitivity up too high and put them really close to your speakers...i m sorry for the trouble guys.

Posté Wed 11 Feb 09 @ 3:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)