Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Ok, here is my problem.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Been living with this for months, sometimes, I can fix it, sometimes I can't. I'm running:

Virtual DJ 5.2
Sony Vaio w/2.0 Gig Dual processor and 3G of RAM
Vista Prem. Home
Numark DMC2
Numark CM200USB

The problem is, sometimes I get static on the right side of VDJ. Terrible, awful static. Left side always works fine. I have the done all the CONFIG. adjustments, latency, safe mode, all that. I've turned off AERO graphics and wireless. Still static. When I do finally get it to work, I have to turn the computer on and just let it sit. It's almost like the HD is running stuff and updating stuff, behind the scenes. Tonight, I was playing an event and I could not get it to stop. It was awful. Someone out there, please help. I'm thinking and hoping it is the VISTA. I'm about ready to scrap it and use Windows BETA 7.

CRash

Posté Sat 14 Feb 09 @ 10:17 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I'm thinking a ground loop problem, but it's certainly a strange one.

Have you tried running on your laptop battery for 10 mins to see if the static goes. If it does, then its a ground loop problem.

Posté Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 1:20 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In the config for soundcard setup ... swap the channels ... make deck 1 go to soundcard 2 and deck 2 go to soundcard 1 -- if the static travels to the left deck (stays with Mixer Chan 4) then the soundcard on the CM200USB for the second usb (Mixer Chan 4) has an issue. Obviously do this at your leisure at home and not at a gig. Also, try flipping the switch from Input to Record and back to Input ... the switch may not be seated all the way.

Posté Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 2:18 am
I finally got set up in the house and here's my update.

I ended up hooking things up backward and figured I would fix it once I got playing, but remember that that was a suggestion here, so I left it. It seemed to play fine. everything was backward, which I can deal with but decided to fix it anyway. I went into config and switched it, and by golly it was good. So, I decided, this morning, to turn the computer on and crank up VDJ and play straight from the start up. Thats when it seemed to have the most trouble. So far, so good. No static at all. It's done this before when I have switched cables only to start to become staticy once again, so time will tell. But, it's good for now. Thanks for the help and I'll let you know.

CRash

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 8:03 am
The problem is now in the left deck.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 4:21 pm
Ok, if this is any help. I just tried to record the static. I played a song and it had static. I recorded it. But, the static didn't record. The song sounds perfect in the recording but was staticy when I play it. This is weird.

CRash

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 4:42 pm
Did you try to listen directly from the RMX (front phone plug)? If you havent, that will at least eliminate the RMX as a culprit.

Also try any possible combination of settings, including with no Beatlock.

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:10 pm
I don't have RMX. I have a DMC2. And I have messed with the beatlock and Keylock, as well. It has me stumped.

CRash

Posté Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:23 pm
I've come to the conclusion that the problem is the sound card in the mixer. I'm going to have to send it back. I've e-mailed Numark and have yet to receive an answer. (It was yesterday). What can I expect from their customer service and can anyone here help me with that?

CRash

Posté Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 6:38 pm
I'm curious to see what Nuark does for you, I too have that mixer and am having a hell of a time with it. I tried to contact Numark no word, and there forum is shut down for "maintenance"

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 6:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)