Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet avi????

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I am on a mac and I was hoping to play avi files i have. Just curious if i am missing a plug in or doing something wrong. I have download quicktime pro and it still isn't working. Am i missing a plug in???? I have a mac by the way

Posté Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 5:15 pm
it should work fine... do they play with quicktime regularly?

and on VDJ, try changing your avi codac to quicktime or default

Posté Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 7:49 pm
i beleive this problem to be an encoding issue.

djstevethegreek sent me one of his AVI files to play on my system (i already use a multi format system which includes AVi without a problem) however this file wouldnt play in VDJ.

It would play in Quicktime Pro and VLC but no video in VDJ (however the audio did play).

Anyone have any other options that steve could try??

Posté Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 7:57 pm
try converting it? only idea i have... use a program to change it to mpeg or m4v... or just thought of this

use imovie, import to it, then export it and it should export in m4v

Posté Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 8:15 pm
converting was the only option i found for him too. lol

Posté Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 6:57 am
What program do you recommend to convert. I have tried a bunch and they all have fallen off a few frames

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 3:38 pm
Can somebody please confirm that the ONLY way to get these AVI files to display a video is to convert them??
If so, I'm afraid I am going to have to return the Mac Book I just bought and get a PC...

Posté Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 1:29 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The first question would be : What is the format (audio + video codec) used in the .avi file ?

The .avi file is only a container.

Posté Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 2:54 am
Interestingly I have many avi files that suddenly stopped playing. Now they read as errors. No change in my system.

Posté Wed 23 Sep 09 @ 9:03 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)