Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 5.2.1 Issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Can someone help? I have been using 5.0.7 VDJ and sat decided to upgrade to 5.2.1 .. It took me a while to get the time code to work with my CDJ800's. I had to use the V4 time code engine as the V5 was just not stable. Finally I got auto-config to get the time code to 100%. Then when using the program, I would move the pitch sliders on my CDJ800 and the pitch sliders on the screen didnt move like they did with 5.0.7. Also using 5.2.1, the pitch would drift which it didnt do in 5.0.7. I am now back to 5.0.7.

I have a Dual Core Laptop with 2 GB ram and windows XP home and a MAYA 44 USB.

what could be causing the issue? 5.0.7 doesnt have any issues EXCEPT that the crash guard doesnt work as a few weeks ago, the program crashed and the crashguard didnt kick in and the program quit.

HELP!!!!

Posté Mon 09 Mar 09 @ 10:02 pm
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm having a similar problem with pitch drift and poor time code quality. Jumps from 100 to zero. Got it to stay at 100 for about 10 minutes, but back down. Cleaned the needles, etc. Still no consistent quality. Pitch drift is pretty drastic as well. up and down 2 or 3 points.

Using Windows XP PRO, 2GB Ram, Virtual Vinyl Box, Numark TT's. Virtual DJ 5.2.1.

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 4:30 pm
OK. I'm new to this digital DJ stuff. I am an old school DJ from about 20 years ago that felt he needed a hobby and got back into it. I fixed the time code quality issue. Well, Mostly. I cleaned the vinyl and it got much much better.

But the BPM drift is driving me nuts.

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 6:12 pm
Check your pitch sensitivity in your time code config menu

by default its 500 - bump it upto 1000 and see if it helps!!

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 6:18 pm
Tried that per your advise. Still drifting all on its own. But thanks for the try.

Posté Tue 10 Mar 09 @ 6:28 pm
Mine was at 800 per virtual DJ when this started.. with 5.07 I had it at 2000 .... I put it to 2000 with 5.2.1 and same issue.. back to 5.07 with the setting at 2000. Maybe other setting in tome code need to be set? there is something about remove sound and also what about the performance tab? what settings???

Posté Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 12:25 am
forgot to mention I am using time code CD's and a pair of CDJ 800's...

Posté Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 12:26 am
I did get a response from VDJ support saying they are looking into the time code engine.. leads me to believe there is an ISSUE.. 5.07 is what am sticking with but I want to get optimal settings...................

Posté Thu 12 Mar 09 @ 12:27 am
??????????? no one??

Posté Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 5:20 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Could you please post some screen shots of view 1 , 2 and 3 on timecode setup.

This will allow me to see what is happening to the signal.

Posté Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 7:22 am
Well Its been a while and no response from VDJ.. I know someone on here asked for screen shots but since I dont keep my coffin at home, its hard to find time to get everything to coreate screen shots. All I can say is that 5.07 doesnt have any issue and 5.21 does. I had a ticket in and they said they were working on it and I assumed they KNEW there was a TC issue but I havent ever heard back...

Posté Sat 09 May 09 @ 10:58 am
Just tried 6.0 which I was told would fix the issue and NADA.. its still drifting and moving the pitch slider on the CDJ 800's causes a delayed reaction on the software.... you cant mix that way.. I might be back to 5.07

HELP!

Posté Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:33 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't repost in every area ... makes it difficult to follow the 1 issue.

Topic Locked

Posté Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 7:43 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)