Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Backup and restore que points...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ChipleyHome userMember since 2009
Hi,

I've been reading through the vdj manual and can't find any documentation on this. I'm just wondering how the cue point data is stored. I know there's a db involved, but can this data be stored as a .txt file and backed up on an external drive. Subsequently, can this data be restored at a later point?

Also, is there a set limit of 3 cue points per track, or is there a way to add more que points if desired?

Thanks for any answers,
~Chipley

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 11:09 am
Welcome to the forum!

Each drive has it's own DB, on C drive it is stored as C>user>documents>virtual DJ as "VirtualDJ Database v5.xml"

If you have additional drives then the database is stored on the root.

You can just back up the xml file as it stores all the BPM and cue data. You would also need to restore all the songs to the place they were before for this to work.

I'm not sure if there is a limit to cues but it's certainly more than 3. I have 5 on my HC-4500 and I remember seeing 6 in my skin.

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 2:52 pm
Hi kradcliffe,

Thanks for the reply. understood on all your points, aside from one:

I'm not sure if there is a limit to cues but it's certainly more than 3. I have 5 on my HC-4500 and I remember seeing 6 in my skin.

Hmmm...interesting, so, being a vdj n000b, different skins will allow for different functionality? i.e. - My skin only allows 3 cue points to be added to each track (default vdj internal mixer skin). But if I were to download a different skin, that functionality could be expanded? Along with various other new features?

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 3:14 pm
Yeah, the basic skin is pretty **** in my opinion and does nothing to encourage people to buy the program at all.

I use vmix5.4 which is really excellent and totally configurable for video and audio. It has 7 cue points on it (as I've just checked).

You can only download skins once you buy the program unfortunately!

Here's a preview of vmix5.4 in video mode, but the audio side of it is excellent. All the tabs you see can change the windows in to various different modes.

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 3:24 pm
And here's it with 2 audio windows ..... as you can see there's 7 cue points you can set and name in the left hand window.

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 3:32 pm
Ah yes, thanks so much for taking the time to post those screen shots. I think that clears up my questions perfectly.

Thanks again,
~Chipley

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 3:37 pm
No probem, glad to be of help.

Keith

Posté Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 4:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)