Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Hercules RMX / VDJ LE - Beatmatching issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hampoHome userMember since 2009
today i recieved hercules rmx with virtual dj le.

I thought I was just crap because its ages since I've dj'ed, but couldn't get a single good match out of this kit in the space of 2 hours.

I look to virtual dj when I move the pitch sliders and rather than being smooth my bpms jump from (eg 180.20 up to 180.45)

No good if i have one track playing 180.37% and VDJ decides the other track either has to be at 180.30 or 180.42 and theres no in between.

What happens to all the .00% in between? Surely this means im never going to get a perfect beat match out of this equipment.

I dont want to be constantly fiddling with the pitch slider when im mixing trying to keep it in beat. On my old vinyl decks i could get the match and leave it while i done other things, effects etc...

Maybe im asking too much because im used to traditional vinyl?

I await your comments.

Posté Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 6:37 pm
This is dependant on the number of unique steps that the pitch slider is able to transmit to VirtualDJ. The more unique steps (Precision) the pitch slider is able to send, the more accurate adjustments you can make at wider pitch ranges.

Here are examples of the precision of various controllers:

• Most standard MIDI cotnrollers = 128 steps (0.125% adjustments at 8% pitch range)
  • DAC-3 = 256 steps (0.0625% adjustments at 8% pitch range)
  • Numark DMC-2 = 1014 steps
  • Denon DN-HC4500 and Reloop Digital Jockey = 1024 steps (0.016 adjustments at 8% pitch range)

If you are not getting sufficient precision with your controller, here are some suggestions:

• Use a smaller pitch range, e.g: Less than 8%. The lower, the greater precision you will have, but at expense of not being able to pitch up/down sufficiently to match two songs with widely different BPM's.

• Assign keyboard or MIDI shortcuts to pitch +1 and pitch -1 - You can then match coursely with the slider and then make final fine adjustments using these shortcuts to match exactly.

• Get it matched as close as you can with pitch slider and then use the SYNC button if you have one on your controller to exactly match.

• Upgrade to a controller with higher precision pitch sliders (See above for some examples.)

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 12:57 pm
hampoHome userMember since 2009
6% pitch isnt enough for what i play (uk hardcore) and I like it fast.

i think i'll go with getting it matched as close as i can and then an assignment of pitch +1 and -1 fine tune to the buttons of my controller.

I'll be in my cold cold grave before I ever use a sync button. :p, at least using the fine pitch im still doing most of the work, not just reaching for the magic button.

thanks for the suggestions. Maybe when money permits I will upgrade to a better unit but the hercules rmx will be fine for the meantime now that I have overcome this problem.

the question now is how do I customize the rmx to do this? I cant find anywhere to let you add your own custom buttons.

I would want to assign pitch -1 and +1 to buttons 5 + 6 of each deck.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 7:39 pm
If you are mixing songs with widely varying BPM, then you should definitely consider upgrading to one of the controllers with higher pitch precision in the future for more accurate manual beat matching, e.g: With 1024 steps, it's still possible to move in 0.098 pitch % increments at 50% pitch range!

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to change the mappings of native controllers unless you have programming knowledge and create your own custom mapper plugin .DLL - You would also need VirtualDJ Pro for this because the free limited Console Edition that comes with the console does not have this capability.

Presently, your best option would be to map pitch +1 and pitch -1 to suitable keys on your computer keyboard.

Posté Wed 08 Apr 09 @ 12:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)