Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Kids Party Songs *ASAP*

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

m-longHome userMember since 2009
Ok i'm doing a favour gig for my moms school and my hardhouse/hardcore stlye isn't going to get the kids dancing, please name some songs that are suitable for 4-11 year olds.

e.g.

Stuff like:

Cotten Eyed Joe
Cha Cha Slide
Macarena
etc...

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 10:36 am
I do alot of mitzvahs and kids parties of all ages. below are some of the top line dance / ineractive songs for me

for the really young ones, grab as many disney compilations as you can. they have hokey pokey, mulberry bush, head knees toes, etc.

basically play anything that they can jump up and down too. high energy 50's is good like Elvis, Rockin Robin, etc or 80's stuff like footloose ... below are some other good stuff.

Bring a limbo stick - always the most popular for really young kids and keeps them all involved. Chubby Checker "Limbo Rock" and "Let's Limbo Some More" just keep going between those two. or anything calypso sounding. if you can't find one, just bring a mop stick and wrap ribbon or colored celophane around it

Hannah Montana / Miley Cyrus, Aly & AJ has good music for young girls

Who let the dogs out
cupid shuffle (might be too young for this one but have it anyway)
cha cha slide
electric slide
macarena
chicken dance
cotton eyed joe
c'mon ride the train
we like to party
isley bros Shout (but skip the big drop)
Grease megamix
YMCA
The Twist
Twist & Shout
Elvis dance songs
Hot Hot Hot
Earth wind & fire - September
Thriller
Footloose
girls just wanna have fun
jump jive & wail
Jive Bunny
Bob Sinclar - Rock this party
kevin rudolf - let it rock
lady gaga - just dance / pokerface
avril lavigne - girlfriend
single ladies
metro station - shake it
britney spears - if u seek amy
katy perry - hot n cold
pump it
hey ya
cascada - everytime we touch
sandstorm
crazy frog

good luck and pm me for more if you need more help :) also this is all US based music so if you're elsewhere there may be other kids music that will work. good guidelines are Disney, Nickelodeon, Kidz Bop, and other kids shows

Jeremy

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 11:14 am
m-longHome userMember since 2009
You are now my favourite person, life saver!

Thanks for this, was exactly what I needed.

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 11:58 am

hehe, np :) you can google Kids Games too. Toilet Paper Mummy Wrap is always fun

good luck!

Jeremy

Posté Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 2:05 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ive DJ'd a few primary school discos. Organise a game called "freeze" where you randomly stop the music and the slowest ones to stop dancing and freeze in one spot get picked out and stand to the side until you eventually have a winner. Get a few of the older kids to be judges for some games or dancing competitions. Get some lollies, cheap gifts etc to distrubute. The boys will like a quick competition of who can make the best beatbox or scratch sound using a microphone or the quickest/best worm roll dance. Just watch out you dont get swarmed too quickly you can look down at the dj console or computer then suddenly find you have 20 kids holding sticky lollies and drinks trying to see what you're doing.

Posté Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 7:43 am
thanks, also:
Move your feet- Junior Senior
I like to move it- Madagascar
Superman,
Mimic Man,
The Music Man,
and you could include simple games like musical statues or red light green light where you say something and they do the opposite.

Posté Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:08 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)