Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Alpha transition still doesn't work.... - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

So I just bought a new desktop - Quad Core, 8 GB of RAM (it is 64 bit, but I tested it at 32 bit), high quality nvidia graphics card and so on. Absolute beast of a machine.

And guess what? The alpha transition STILL doesn't work! What gives? What am I doing wrong? Is there something special you need to activate to get the alpha transition working? It's one of my favorites and I haven't been able to use it in over a year! I have two great computers for VDJ and NEITHER ONE can handle this simple transiton - I have full updated drivers, software, directx, etc. Cmon... help me out! I've been asking for over a year and no one at VDJ has given more any more help than "Are you using the most recent drivers/DirectX?"... it's really frustrating.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 3:12 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
When you say it doesn't work, please clarify.

This transition will switch to the other deck at 25, 50 and 75% as the fader transits cutting the video back and forth with each change.
Check to see that is what is happening.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 4:02 pm
There's no transition.

When you have it all the way to Deck 1, you see Deck 1's video. If you move the fader to even .01%, you see Deck 2. There's no transition. Then, once you cross 50% (the middle), you see Deck 1's video. That is, until you get to 100%/Deck 2. Once you get all the way to the far right of the fader, you see Deck 2's video.

This is beyond frustrating.

Posté Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:25 pm
Nothing still? No help?

Posté Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 10:23 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Actually the alpha transition has never worked for me either, but I've never bothered to troubleshoot it much. I'll have a look into it and see what I can come up with.

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 5:41 am
That is what I did and reported.
Figured that was how it was suposed to work vs/ not doing anything at all.
These transitions do different things and it appeared that it was working as intended to me.

There are all kinds of transitions available, if it bugs you just delete it in C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\VideoTransition

Posté Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 8:59 am
The thing is is that I really LIKE the transitions; I could without almost all the rest except Strobe/Fade if I had Alpha. And I don't really like the rest of the transitions; I think they look really unprofessional and basic. Alpha always looks really good.

So frustrating. I had this working on an old gig machine that was from 2005, but not on my ridiculous machine with a sick graphics card.

Posté Wed 15 Apr 09 @ 7:48 pm
How can you like something that you report doesn't work?
And you don't "like" the rest of them?

Man, you lost me on this one.

Posté Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:14 am
I couldn't get the alpha transition to work on any of my machines, so I don't actually know how it works.

I've just written an alpha transition of my own that fades the two videos into each other. Is that any use?

Posté Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 5:44 am
IMO here is how I see this working and the way I mix video this is a nice blending tool/feature.

Frequently when mixing video I will bring in the second screen as my break approaches.
I have a midi button for "split" which puts both images up on the screen with what ever transition is selected.
This alone is a video effect when you consider the options with all of the transitions on random.

This transition is doing exactly this.
25% to idle deck image, 50% active deck image, 75% idle deck image which at 75% fade is now the active deck.
Makes perfect sence to me by design.

If yours is not doing this or is doing nothing at all, there is a problem.

Posté Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 6:53 am
As a test, I loaded up two videos, and enabled 'alpha'.

At crossfader left, deck 1 visible 100%, deck 2 visible 0%.

Move the crossfader right a tiny bit, deck 1 visible 0%, deck 2 visible 100%.

It's an immediate cut for me. I've tried it on three machines in the past (all XP, all nVidia) and it's done exactly the same. It's been mentioned on the forums a few times in the past but admittedly I've never raised it as a fault - so that's probably my bad.

Posté Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 9:27 am
You are right, its not 25% its nearly immediate and same on the other side of the fade.

I really feel that it is working properly though.

Posté Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 7:00 pm
Fair enough, I'm probably misunderstanding what the plugin is supposed to do ;)

Posté Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 8:41 pm
Hi i had alook at this again, as its something ive never used live...

when you activate it, it moves to fader to 25% and puts video 2 at 100% on output. And when you change headphone focus, it will move to 75% to the right, and have video 1 at 100% on the output.

But as it is an immeadeate cut from vid 1 to vid 2 on the output, i certainly WILL NOT have a use for it.
Deleting it is an option, but as it dosent take up much space, i'll leave it be.

I normaly just use the FADE transition, and sometimes the SBDJ transitions, when im mixing beats.

Posté Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 11:36 am
SHOCKING that we have gotten no support from Atomix for this. COME ON.

Posté Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 2:54 pm
What are you expecting to happen, and what is happening?

Posté Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 3:11 pm
I have been asking about this problem for a year. A YEAR. I have gotten no support from the Atomix team - I am expecting the company from which I bought an expensive piece of software to actually RESPOND to technical problems. It is beyond frustrating that this transition does not work, and I've been asking for a long time about it to no response.

Posté Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 9:14 pm
So instead of throwing your toys out of your pram, how about answering my question?

I am trying to help after all ;)

Posté Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 4:34 am
djpoopypants wrote :
I have been asking about this problem for a year. A YEAR. I have gotten no support from the Atomix team - I am expecting the company from which I bought an expensive piece of software to actually RESPOND to technical problems. It is beyond frustrating that this transition does not work, and I've been asking for a long time about it to no response.

I have RESPONDED 5 times in this tread trying to help you with this.
The transition is working correctly and if you don't like it, just delete it as I have done to several that I don't care for.

You have -0- tickets in support and after searching I don't see any other mention of this outside of this one.

I RESPONDED in less than an hour of your original post on this.

How can you state that you have not received team support unless you are not reading the replies?

djpoopypants wrote :
The thing is is that I really LIKE the transitions; I could do without almost all the rest except Strobe/Fade if I had Alpha. And I don't really like the rest of the transitions; I think they look really unprofessional and basic. Alpha always looks really good.

So frustrating. I had this working on an old gig machine that was from 2005, but not on my ridiculous machine with a sick graphics card.

Maybe you could describe how it used to work for us.

Posté Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 4:58 am
mp3jrick wrote :
djpoopypants wrote :

I have RESPONDED 5 times in this tread trying to help you with this.
The transition is working correctly and if you don't like it, just delete it as I have done to several that I don't care for.

You have -0- tickets in support and after searching I don't see any other mention of this outside of this one.

I RESPONDED in less than an hour of your original post on this.

How can you state that you have not received team support unless you are not reading the replies?

djpoopypants wrote :
The thing is is that I really LIKE the transitions; I could do without almost all the rest except Strobe/Fade if I had Alpha. And I don't really like the rest of the transitions; I think they look really unprofessional and basic. Alpha always looks really good.

Maybe you could describe how it used to work for us.

So it's been a year and I'm finally getting help? I mean, give me a break. I appreciate your help, but it's been a year of me asking. If you didn't "find" the other posts I've made about this, then you are simply not looking very hard.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/90455/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Alpha_Transitions_w__nvidia_8700.html?search=alpha&page=1
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/95710/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Best_codec_s_to_run_Alpha_transistion_properly.html?search=alpha&page=1
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/88055/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Alpha_Transitions.html?search=alpha&page=1

Here's just three examples. Literally that took me fifteen seconds of searching the word "alpha" in this forum.

I'm sorry I don't have any tickets in support - I figured the "PC Technical Support Forum" was a fine enough area to get some assistance in considering that's the purpose of the forum.

How it used to work? It worked correctly! When you transitioned from left to right (or right to left), the alpha layers (blue, red, green) would mix based on where you placed the sliders. It looked really good and was easily my favorite transition and probably one of the only really professional looking ones. I know what the alpha transition is supposed to look like; what it is doing right now is simply NOT what it is supposed to do.

Posté Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 10:14 am
36%