Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet USB sound and Midi Performance settings?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have a 2.33 Ghz intel duo core, 2 Gigs or Ram and a 160 Gig drive.

My setup includes a Vestax VCI-100 and the new Vestax VAI-80 (Tank) usb sound station/card.

I haven't yet tweaked any of my Latency/performance settings since I've been a PC user for a long time and just got the Mac. I did read that setting the mp3 codec to quicktime greatly improves the track loading and I did see a great improvement, however, Since USB is a shared bandwidth between the Midi controller and the sound card, what settings should I consider in order not to compromise performance or experience and latency troubles.

Both my usb sound station and the midi controller are powered with their own power supplies and therefore not using usb power. But noticed sometimes when I backspin any of the jog wheels on the vestax and then slide the crossfader to the other deck, I see the crossfader 'jumping' back and forth a bit on the screen. I haven't set anything in performance settings yet so I ask, Anyone have experience on what the performance setting should be perhaps?

Thank-you

Posté Mon 27 Apr 09 @ 5:11 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
You can check out this guide showing many modifications you can make to OS X to improve performances , and some notes about which USB port to be used on MAC book for USB audio (The guide is on Hercules support site, but applies to any DJ /audio purposes)

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00363.pdf

Posté Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 7:32 am
Thank-you. That helped

Posté Tue 28 Apr 09 @ 11:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)