Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet How to stratch?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,
I recently found an old turntable of my parents (from back in the old days ;-) ) and thought, hey i might use this for my dj setup.
So i found the Time Code Vinyl's from virtual Dj but i still have some questions about what i should get.

My friends say you need to buy a special needle to stratch, is that true?
and how exacly does the time coded vinyl work? is it just the needle on it, spin it, get the settings done in virtual dj on the pc and you're ready to go?

Posté Fri 01 May 09 @ 7:37 am
I would highly recommend a professional turntable if you're going to get into scratching. Chances are that "old turntable" of your parents are Belt Driven (you need Direct Drive) and is not built for scratching

Posté Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:27 am
yes my parents vinyl player is belt driven, why can't i use a belt driven one? is it becouse of the slip effect?
but i'll see into it to buy a new vinyl player, got any tips for what to look for when i'm buying one? like needle types, direct drive and what else

Posté Fri 01 May 09 @ 1:03 pm
Get technics 1200s. You can buy them used @ Craigslist.com for around 400 to 500 bucks a pair and if your lucky, you may get them with needles. Good needles would be Sure m44-7 or the Ortofon OM scratch. You dont need to spend alot more money on the Digitrack or elctro. The Om scratch are very good and its only 1 point lower in MM output. Its output is more than enough for great time code reading.

Once you have the equipment, try scratching. if you want more info. There are tons of scratching instructions on Youtube.com

Posté Sat 02 May 09 @ 4:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)