Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mic Button on Rmx causes noticable click!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
With my mic (Shure SM58) connected through the Rmx mic input, I get a very noticable click through the speakers when I engage it. (Actually, the click occurs even without the mic connected, so thinking it's an Rmx issue).

I can use the same mic connected directly to my external mixer (Behringer Xenyx 2442) and I get no problems with it what-so-ever, but I wanted to take advantage of the fact the VDJ/Rmx automatically lowers the music volume using it this way - saves me messing with 2 faders!!

Any thoughts? If anyone's using an Rmx and it's mic input, I'd be interested in hearing if you've got this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Martin.

VDJ V5.2.1, Hercules Rmx (latest firmware installed).

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 5:32 am
Hi

I usually spray a little WD40 on the switches on the Mics but if it happens with your mics not connected obviously not the same problem.

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 7:17 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Just by curiosity, are your speakers connected directly to the Rmx, or do you go through the mixer, then the speakers?

This might be a long shot, but I'm thinking of a problem I had with a switch on an old sound system. Somehow, there was a problem with the grounding and every time I would turn on the AUX switch, I would hear a big pop. Long story short, once I figured it out and fixed the ground, the pop was still there ( naturally since current is going through) but less obvious and annoying.

What if you connect the ground plugs in the back of the Rmx to your system ground ?

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 12:20 pm
DJ Phatso wrote :
Just by curiosity, are your speakers connected directly to the Rmx, or do you go through the mixer, then the speakers?

This might be a long shot, but I'm thinking of a problem I had with a switch on an old sound system. Somehow, there was a problem with the grounding and every time I would turn on the AUX switch, I would hear a big pop. Long story short, once I figured it out and fixed the ground, the pop was still there ( naturally since current is going through) but less obvious and annoying.

What if you connect the ground plugs in the back of the Rmx to your system ground ?

Rmx going to the mixer, then speakers connected to the mixer. Noticed after I had posted the thread above, that turning the mic volume button on the Rmx gave a lot of static through the speakers also - but just the once!! Tried to repeat this and got no static whatsoever, as though touching the switch grounded it and released the static!

Will give the grounding a go tomorrow. Will post my findings...

Thanks for the suggestion.

-Martin.

Posté Wed 06 May 09 @ 3:57 pm
Tried grounding the posts on the Rmx - click is still there :-(

Any other thoughts out there?

-Martin.

Posté Thu 07 May 09 @ 10:02 am
Hey Martin,
I Just got the Rmx and having the same problem with the mic button .... Did you ever find a fix ???

thanks in advance for any help.

Lou

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 9:35 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
When I use my RMX I keep the Mic button depressed, and turn the volume up and down as needed. See if that helps you guys..

Posté Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 9:38 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
When I use my RMX I keep the Mic button depressed, and turn the volume up and down as needed. See if that helps you guys..

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually find it easier to control the mic volume with a fader on my external mixer rather than using the mic volume knob on the Rmx. Also, don't you still need to lower your track volume when using your mic in this way, so you are still working two volume controls (mic & track)?

By the way, do you also have the click when you use the mic button or do you just use this way for another reason?

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 4:59 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I use it this way for broadcasting. I rarely use the mic input on the RMX for live shows. For that I use an external mixer Martin.

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 7:56 am
Aha...with ya now. Thanks for clarification TearEmUp.

I hadn't tried the Rmx mic button in a while so just did a quick test as I figured a few thing have changed in my setup recently, like VDJ 6.0.1, 2 Rmx firmware upgrades (currently on 2009_HDJS_2) and changed from WDM to ASIO, and unless I really crank-up the mixer & amp volume, the click in now barely audible.

Granted, this was a very quick test and no mic connected, but the mic button used to make noise before even without a mic connected.
So, looks like something's had a positive impact... :-)

Hmmmm...

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 8:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)