Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Connecting mixer to PC

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

madrazaHome userMember since 2009
Can I use my Asus Xonar DX sound card to connect my DJ mixer to my PC while running through Virtual DJ?

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 12:10 am
Can anyone help me please?

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 2:17 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I don't know the card, but basically you need a card that has 4 outputs. Output 1&2 goes to Channel 1 of the mixer, and Output 3&4 goes to Channel2

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 3:37 am

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 3:45 am

I personally wouldn't go with the behringer, but the M-Audio Delta soundcard looks fine.

Also another quite cheap card which is user friendly is the ESI Maya44 (I have one) and the ESI GIGAPort AG is worth looking at too.

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 3:52 am
Allright, thanks again.

The reason I suggested the Behringer is because I am on a bit of a budget but I'll see if I can win the auction for the other sound card.

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 4:05 am
K, really sorry last question :P

I will get this M-Audio card but will I be able to have audio through my Logitech Z5500 speakers using my existing sound card (Xonar DX) whilst having the mixer plugged into the M-Audio?

If not, what options do I have? Directly inputting the 5.1 speakers into the mixer via either analog or optical/digital inputs?

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 4:18 am
madraza wrote :

I will get this M-Audio card but will I be able to have audio through my Logitech Z5500 speakers using my existing sound card (Xonar DX) whilst having the mixer plugged into the M-Audio?

No you won't be able to.

madraza wrote :

If not, what options do I have? Directly inputting the 5.1 speakers into the mixer via either analog or optical/digital inputs?

You would use the Master Out of the mixer. You could see if your 5.1 speakers fit, or (this is it normally works) Connect the Master out to a amp of your home/club/PA system

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 4:59 am
Ok wicked. Thanks bro :)

Cant wait to start mixing!

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 5:13 am

No worries mate, glad I could help :)

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 5:31 am
Your current card will do the job just fine, infact it would even allow you to listen to previews and samples on a third channel if your mixer has 3 or more channels.

You'll need a few of these cables (3.5mm to phono):

You would connect your front speaker output to channel 1 on your mixer and the rear speaker output would go into channel 2.

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 2:42 pm
Ok, thats interesting Andrew. My current sound card has SPDIF Out Linem/Mic IN - Front Out - Side Surround - Center & Subwoofer - Back Surround.

It doesnt have the 2 line in/out inputs so I assumed it won't work?

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 3:39 pm
You only need the additional inputs if you want to use timecode cd or vinyl. Otherwise, you can use a 4 channel system to connect Virtual DJ to a mixer and your card can support 7.1 (8) channels.

Each analogue connection is stereo, a left and a right channel. Your front out, side surround, and back make 6 channels, plus the center/sub for another 2 making it 8. The above cable will allow you to connect your front to channel 1 L & R and the rear to channel 2 L & R.

Posté Sun 17 May 09 @ 8:55 pm
Ok, I have my mixer now and 2x 3.5mm to rca cables. I have plugged one cable into channel 3 line in on the mixer and into the front out on the sound card, and plugged the other cable into channel 4 line in on mixer and into the rear out of the sound card.

VDJ Settings:

Inputs; none

Outputs; external mixer

Sound card; 4.1 card

Sound card; Speakers (Asus Xonar DX)

Output channels; Left Deck; Front output/ Right Deck; Left output

My issue is that both left and right decks in VDJ play only through whatever channel is connected to the front out on sound card. (in this case, channel 3). Thus, I cant crossfade or anything, and channel 4 is completely useless.

I have a feeling the card does not have 2 line in/out but only 1, and splits that into 7.1 channels. Am I right in assuming this and have to go out and buy another sound card or is there something I'm doing wrong. Thanks :)

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 3:25 am
Are you using the latest demo? Your card can support 4 simultaneous stereo streams, Virtual DJ should be able to use it as 2 separate decks and a sample channel (although that's optional).

The left deck should be using the front outputs and the right deck the rear outputs (you've written left but I think this is a mistake?). Make sure you leave Virtual DJ's crossfader in the middle.

Posté Sat 23 May 09 @ 8:26 pm
Never mind, purchased a Maya44 USB :)

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 1:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)