Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet upgraded from 3.1 HELP!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just updated my gigging pc from 3.1, which i have been using professionally for over 3 years without a glitch, to the current 5.2. I have lost the access to all of my bpms and cue marks, as well as all of the comment information that was stored in the database.

I know with 3.1 the database is stored in the program files/virtual folder, and with 5.2 there is a new database in the music folder. However they are not the same. there appears to be some format differences. I tried to copy the database with all of my information over to the music folder, and rename it, but no good.

Is there a conversion tool?? should I have gone from 3.1 to 4.x first??? is there a way to do that?? is there a location that I can reinstall 3.1? then install 4.x then 5.2?

HELP....... thanks

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 12:19 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You can not convert from v3 to v5 the formatting of the database is dramatically different. If you had Pro and progressed through the revisions then things would have converted. But waiting and making the jump at this point is basically a fresh start.

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 1:28 pm
do you think that i might be able to reinstall 3.1, then somehow convert to 4.x then to 5.x??????

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 3:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
4.x is no longer an available version.

Posté Sun 24 May 09 @ 11:19 pm
deejay scottie wrote :
do you think that i might be able to reinstall 3.1, then somehow convert to 4.x then to 5.x??????

I did that a while back and it worked fine.
As Cstoll said, "VDJ4.xx is not available you would have to use an installation copy of your own if you had saved one.

Posté Tue 26 May 09 @ 8:21 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)