Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Korg Zero 4 mixer Poping and Clicking

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Every time I buy something new I get rid of 1 issue and get another new issue. I was scared about getting this mixer since it is running Firewire. Now I’m pulling my hair out again.

I was getting all kinds of pops and clicks at any latency/buffer setting till I installed this patch:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/951410

I can only get to 8ms latency but I still get some random clicks. Windows 7 I can run closer to 5ms. I’m wanting to try to get closer to 1 or 2ms. The problem kind of goes away if Virtual DJ is minimized.

DPC is less the 1000us(600 to 800us).

USB cards: My Hercules RMX could run at 2ms just fine. My M-Audio Connectiv sound card can run 1ms with maybe a pop/click or 2 a night, 2 ms solid.

Either it has something to be a 1394 / Firewire issue or the built-in card is junk. I haven't found anybody with latency issues on the Korg forums. There was one guy said he could get as low as 3.5ms latency. The review for the Zero8 on scratchworx said he also had popping and clicking, wasnt sure if it was the 1394 controller or the internal card.

Any other Zero users out there that can help?

thanks,
DJ Kavika(David)

My system:

Dell XPS m1330
Vista x32 ultimate. Uneeded services disabled.
2.6Core 2 duo
Nvidia 8400gs Powermizer Disabled
4gb of ram
500gb hard drive

Posté Thu 28 May 09 @ 10:50 am
Hi yk23!

I already replied to your PM but here are some additional infos.

I don´t have the hotfix installed you mentioned in your post. I´m using Windows vista home edition with SP1
Packard Bell
iPower
2 x 2,53Ghz
4 Gigs Ram
1 Gig Ram Geforce 9800M GTS
360 GByte Hard drive 7800 rpm

I can only run the korg zero 4 at 10ms.

On my old laptop with windows xp i could set the zero 4 lower than 10ms. I could get down till 3ms with no pops and clicks. In Vista i already have disabled everything to get better latency settings on the zero 4 but with no luck. But as i wrote in my pm 10ms is ok for me. No problems in using timecode vinyl.

Best regards

Posté Thu 28 May 09 @ 3:13 pm
Hey, thanks for the help. Its wierd different days I have different results. I removed the patch because eveything got real sluggish. It was like trying to scratch in peanut butter. I tried XP, man it work great, still had video freeze with VDJ 6 and nvidiafreeze set to 1, well it got choppy. I had removed the 1394 Micro$oft patch, sluggishness went away. It worked for a day, then pops and clicks at any latency. Once it starts happening, I have to reboot to recover. I reinstalled the patch, right now I am at 3ms/6ms with no popping and clicking for good 20 minutes. I turned off and on my wireless card, unplugged the ext monitor while palying videos, it click once and kept going. I spent 10 hrs on this, this weekend, Im tired. Im going to keep testing. Anything close to 7ms or higher just wont work for me. I can deal with 6ms. Worse case Ill just use my m-audio card 128 buffers(2.9 ms).

thanks,
David

Posté Sun 31 May 09 @ 11:24 pm
I ended up dual booting my laptop to run XP. I am having no issues with the Korg on the XP platform. I was getting some sound issues and loss of connectivity in Vista.

Also, check out the UK and Japanese sites for different firewire drivers for the Korg. The one that worked for me I believe I found it off of the UK site.

Good Luck,

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:05 am
I was wondering if there were differnent files on the other site(didn't look). Ill try that tonight. I was use XP, but I'll suffer from the dreaded video freeze.

-David

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:52 am
yk23 wrote :
I was wondering if there were differnent files on the other site(didn't look). Ill try that tonight. I was use XP, but I'll suffer from the dreaded video freeze.

-David

I tried the Original realse driver from Korg UK, same issue. It is a little easier to use.

I ran accross this post: http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=1679286

This is a third party(non-Microsoft) driver for all OHCI 1394 controllers that is supposed to fix all the shortcommings of the Windows XP/ Vista native 1394 driver. I installed it, the "switching utility" failed. I had to point the Ricoh 1394 chipset in the device manager to the folder where the files were extracted to. I installed the driver and viola, I can go down to 2 or 3ms latency.

From: http://shop.avt-cameras.com/produktpage.html?t=flash&o=on&a=set
"Currently the native 1394 bus driver of Microsoft Windows is mainly suitable for controllers and devices that are compliant to the 1394a standard. The features introduced with the 1394b standard often cannot be used in Windows based applications and device drivers. Furthermore, there are some known stability issues that cause problems in industrial and professional applications with high reliability demands"

If anyone else has 1394 audio card that is performing poorly, this driver.

thanks,
David

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 11:18 pm
how are your clicks and pops? do you still get them. i too was/am having a problem with tiny clicks and pops. it was smooth then all the sudden i started noticing them at gigs. i reformatted and redid it all and think i got ti down to tolerable. i don't get anywith my sl1 into mixer but i do with fire wire and zero 4.

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:32 am
Im running at 3.0ms, still would like to see 1ms. I get maybe 2 or 3 clicks a night, nothing real noticeable. Sometimes I have high pitched buzzing sound a night, when loading a song. Most places I work at have crap sound systems so if anyone were to say anything I would just blame it on thier stuff. I can run 5ms no problem all night, but scratching is sloppy at 5ms. Im waiting for new drivers for the Korg or might try to tweak the custom 1394 drivers I have.

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 4:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)