Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 6 & DMC2 - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Ok there must have been somethin wrong with the string, as I copied it from here and now is all ok:) Thanks.

Posté Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 5:58 pm
Is there already someone who has done a total remapping of the old DMC2 behavior?
Maybe it's an idea to post the total settings/mapping. I've been trying to make some mappings, but it's really dificult when you don't have the 5.2 behavior and the 6 mappings next to eachother. And there should be an import export function on it right?

I'm so used to the 5.2 behaviour. The fx under the Shift function at the time knob, the place in sidelist shortcut etc.
I installed version 6.0 I like it, it feels like a lot faster but, i've downgraded to 5.2 because of the difficult mapping settings.

Someone who can help me?

Posté Mon 20 Jul 09 @ 5:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
in the DMC2 Mapping xml there is a line for the FX/Sampler button ....
<map value="FX/SAMPLER" action="cycle &apos;mode&apos; 3 &amp; var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 1 ? show_text &apos;Param Knob:|FX&apos; : var_equal &apos;mode&apos; 2 ? show_text &apos;Param Knob:|Sampler&apos; : show_text &apos;Param Knob:|Browse&apos;" />

I need to add a command to open a pannel when FX is on
skin_pannel '32' on

Where and how do i put this line?

Posté Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 9:27 pm
Try the following (Edit the mapping via VirtualDJ - Don't edit the XML directly unless you know what you're doing):

cycle 'mode' 3 & var_equal 'mode' 1 ? skin_pannel '32' on & show_text 'Param Knob:|FX' : var_equal 'mode' 2 ? skin_pannel '32' off & show_text 'Param Knob:|Sampler' : skin_pannel '32' off & show_text 'Param Knob:|Browse'

This will turn on skin panel 32 when for FX, and turn it off for all other modes.

Posté Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 1:07 pm
Thanks. It worked perfect !

Problem with video crossfader.....
I work with DMC2 and external audio mixer. I only use the video crossfader of the DMC2. My internal audio mixer obviously is in the middle. The problem is that i can not move my video crossfader properly with the DMC2. I use the "video_crossfader_auto" command, but it does not goes to the edges, it remains somewhere in the middle as it "sees" the audo crossfader in the middle. I tried to change the mixvideo commands, but both MIXVIDEO buttons are assigned as one!
Link is off and from the video options i have unchecked both "Video crossfade automatic" and "Video crossfade link.."
What can i do ?
Can we change the DMC2 Definition mapper to recognize MIXVIDEO as two different buttons or .....?

Thanks.

Posté Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 6:55 pm
video_transition doesn't work either..... It "reads" the audio crossfader in the middle and it doesn't go to the edges....

Posté Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 8:09 pm
[SOLVED]
Video_transition worked! My mistake. I had from the default skin activated the "video_crossfader_auto" which is not showed on my skin.

Self service, i guess.....!!!

Posté Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 8:19 pm

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 1:39 pm

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 9:05 pm
I just realized I never posted the mapper changes I made for a "shift key"

To start off I needed a shift key.. Since I never or rarely used the "automix button" I decided to use that.

<map value="AUTOMIX" action="toggle $myshift" />

Actually.. since I didnt use the "while pressed" its more of a CAPS lock key LOL..
I didnt try the "holding" command IE: <'holding ? automix : mix_now'> but I'm thinking if I wanted to I could set up a SECOND shift for even more options..

I now have 4 hot cues available.. and I was surprised when I realized the buttons light up depending on how many cues their are..
IE: hit the Shift off, cues 1 & 2 light up if available. hit the shift on, cues 3 & 4 light up if available.. sweet

<map value="HOT1" action="var $myshift ? hot_cue 3 : hot_cue 1" />
<map value="HOT2" action="var $myshift ? hot_cue 4 : hot_cue 2" />

and for something to do I made some small changes in how the DMC2 displays the hut cues indicators.
<map value="LCD_HOT1_DIGIT" action="hot_cue 3" />
<map value="LCD_HOT1_HOT" action="hot_cue 1" />
<map value="LCD_HOT2_DIGIT" action="hot_cue 4" />
<map value="LCD_HOT2_HOT" action="hot_cue 2" />

I now have two speeds for mixing video and audio
<map value="MIXVIDEO" action="var $myshift ? video_transition 500ms : video_transition 8000ms " />
<map value="MIXAUDIO" action="var $myshift ? auto_crossfade 500ms : auto_crossfade" />

and two types of backbeats
<map value="BACKBEAT" action="var $myshift ? goto -4 : goto -1" />

and while I was changing things I replaced the super useless small loops with something I use more often
<map value="BEAT2" action="loop 16" />
<map value="BEAT3" action="loop 32" />

even as i write this.. i'm already starting to think of more uses for the "shift"
IE: different cue or play actions.. etc etc

Posté Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 12:40 am
P.S.:

if anyone else has any changes they made to the mapper, feel free to post them in this thread.
:-)

Posté Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 2:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)