Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Need Help!! - VDJ and DN-4500 Latency issue?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

OK - I am at my wits end here. Just bought the Denon hc4500, and upgraded to 5.2.1 VDJ. Hooked it all up, no prblems, sounds great. Running off my laptop.

After using Automix feature for an hour or more - all of a sudden - the sound goes to crap, very distorted, then music cuts out all together, and will not play form either Deck or hc4500. This has happened on several occasions now, always seems to be right after the automix feature is used for an exented time period. I have tried all the latency checks, diabled suggested hardware on laptop, upgraded directx.

I am running windows xp, 2 gig ram, 1.5gh processor, 80 gig HD (11gig free), Perfomance Tab: Latency is at Auto, safemode and overlook are off, Basic interpolation, Slider at top is at Fastest.

I need some help here. Anyone found this to be an issue with AUOTMIX? Can latency creep up after an hour? My latency average is 500. Even though it is in the green, is this still too high? ASIO driver for the HC4500 does not work all that well - Better off using the other way.

This has happened at two gigs now, once when I took it off Automix, and cued the first dance song, and last week when I took off automix, mixed about 10 songs, and on the 10th song in the middle, it just sounded like crap, lots of distortion, and finally when out all together. Only solution is to rebood VDJ and reboot HC4500.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:31 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
onestepdj wrote :
OK - I am at my wits end here. Just bought the Denon hc4500, and upgraded to 5.2.1 VDJ. Hooked it all up, no prblems, sounds great. Running off my laptop.

Why not upgrade to Version 6 ?

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:40 am
I am hesitant to upgrade to version 6, as I have read that the hc4500 doesn't map correctly. Not sure if that is true. Do you think this would help the possible latency issue? Is version 6 released to general public? I thought I saw Beta Version only. THanks for your reply.

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 3:58 pm
Also, what are some of the enhancements/fixes for version 6? If anybody could help me find the difference between 5.2.1 and 6, Great!

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 3:59 pm
The HC4500 custom mapper is not compatible with VirtualDJ v6 yet, but the HC4500 is of course natively supported, and with the new VDJscript feature of VirtualDJ v6, you can map it exactly how you want.

Information about what's new in VirtualDJ v6 can be found on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJv6.0.html

Posté Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:54 pm
Thanks for the reply.

After more testing, I found that there is a mojor issue with the CPU on my laptop. Ranges from 7%-25% without VDJ. Opening VDJ it spikes to 100%, then goes back down to 20%. However, when I load a song on either deck, it spikes to 100% for several seconds, when the song is loaded, it goes back to 20%.

I think this is the cause of my problems with sound failing after running Automix. After so many spikes at 100%, at some point, it just gives out (about 15-20 songs into the Automix).

My CPU is 1.5 gh, single core, about 4 years old, 2 gig ram.

Unless there is another way to get the CPU down during song loads, I think I am going to have a continued issue here. Thoughts anyone?

Posté Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:41 pm
OK, here's my thoughts .....

I'm using VDJ on a Samsung NC-20 netbook, I get 100% CPU when the song is loading then 50-60% normally using Asio on the HC4500. I get no problems whatsoever on a 5 hour club gig.

Denon are supposed to be releasing updated firmware or drivers for the HC4500 as some people have had issues with the sound crapping out just like yours. We're still waiting . I have only had this happen a couple of times to me and it is frustrating when the club is busy. I don't think your issue is VDJ or your computer. Denon are not being very proactive with this, but you could post on the Denon forum to get an update. They just keep saying "soon".

I use the JPBoggis mapper too, and I'm not willing to go to V6 yet. The HC4500 is a complex unit and I would rather use the 5.2 mapper just now as the functionality of the mapper is more important to me than the new features in V6.
Maybe once I've got to grips with the mapping on my test machine and V6 is bugfixed I will think about updating.

Keith

Posté Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 3:53 am

Posté Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 6:17 am
Hi Keith, thanks for the reply, sorry to hear you are having issues.

I still think it's me laptop, let me tell you why - last night I booted up to test things out, I did not have the HC on! and had serious issues with sound - had to reboot twice, then it wokred ok (using the internal soundcard of course). Now my next test tonight will be to run Automix on the laptop all night with just the laptop (no HC4500) and see if sound goes to crap. If so, then this must be the issue.

I am still going to follow up with Denon as you suggested, because I am not 100% convinced of my theory. Interesting that Denon's answer is to point to the software before accepting it could be their product. I will update my finding of the test tonight. If anyone else has something to add, please do!

Mike

Posté Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 7:32 am
Hi Mike,

You can use the HC4500 in both directsound and Asio soundcard modes. Asio is better but can be a bit choppy on lesser powered machines. Even my crappy netbook runs at 3ms, it's just a case of getting the best setting. As you know, if you are using the inbuilt soundcard on the 4500 through VDJ, then your PC soundcard is completely bypassed and wouldn't make a difference anyway.

May be worth testing the PC sound card then the 4500 in both directsound and Asio to see if it's a driver or latency issue.

I don't use automix very much but I can't see why that would be the problem.

If you can't find a solution, PM me and I'll give you my number so we can have a chat to see if there's an easy solution.

Cheers - Keith

Posté Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 8:35 am
Well, it happened again! DJing a party, and about 3 hours in, the sound started going to sh*t , like really distorted. Right at the end of nelly song too, and thank god I had a back up CD ready to go, but the crowd still looked at me funny.

I am gong to go out and purchase a new laptop. I really think this is the solution. I just don't have the proccessor speed to handle theprogram. THis is now the 4th time in a row it has happened to me. The new laptop will have:
6 gig ram
500 gig HD
Dual Core 2.4 gh
interated vidie card from intell (unfortunately)
Windows Vista 64 bit home addition - what do I ned to change when loading VDJ on this computer?

THanks all

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 11:37 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)