Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ 6 and Vinyl mode for the HC4500

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi Guys, Great job with version 6. Did my first gig with it last night and loved the new native control. The bulit-in mapper is excellent, only I was wondering if its possible to adjust the sensitivity as to how quick the jogwheel reacts when holding the wheel when in vinylmode this would then stop the track and to scratch etc. (more like the control in an early version 5 I think) .I have tried adjusting the jogwheel slider in options but it does not alter this. Is there a value in the mapper I can change that will do what this???

Im sure the HC4500 guys will know the answer to this one???

Cheers,,,,Lee

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 6:19 am
i dont think theres a fix for it yet, all of the touch sensitive denon controllers are having that problem

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 9:48 am
I guess your right, only it did seem to work spot on with an earlier version of VDJ, thats whats frustrating about this..

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 9:54 am
I don't quite understand what you want to change, but:

Scratch wheels on HC4500 work with two controls.
One is the "Hold" switch. When you press the jog plater there are 4 switches that determine if the jog is pressed. The four switches are combined to one "control" from HC4500 firmware for ease of use. If you want to tweak how much you must press the jogs before HC4500 sends the "hold" switch change then I'm afraid you can't....
Besides the "hold" switch, there's also the rotation of the plater/jog. This can be controlled with two ways:
1. From the HC4500 firmware: You can change the number of ticks per cycle. This will make the jogs more aggressive or less.
2. From the mapping of the controller: I don't know how VDJ 6 handles the jogs, but in the in the 5.x SDK I used to create my mapper you could always perform math functions to hadle the jogs. In other words you would take the relative speed from the controller but you could multiply/divide it with any number before you send it back to the software. I have used this trick to create an agressive scratch wheel in the past:

My algorithm was as follows:

1. Take the relative speed from the controler
2. If speed was 1, send 1
3. If speed was 2, send 3
4. If speed was 3, send 5

This little algorithm creates a "logarithmic" aggressive jog instead of the default linear jog (1,2,3)

If what you want to change is the "speed" of the scratching, then I believe I gave you some things to consider. If you want to change the amount of pressure on the platters before you can start scratching then I'm afraid you can't!

Posté Sat 06 Jun 09 @ 2:12 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)