Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet rmx sound

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

guys just asking if anyone can tell me proper latency settings for my rmx to stop crackling sound as im searching ect.dont use time codes only files on my hd and external hd.really annoying for me
input.none
outputs.headphones
soundcard..asio driver
asio driver hercules rmx
is it a setting within my vdj performance or my rmx config causeing this crackles.thanks guys

Posté Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 7:14 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 9:55 am
so this will stop my cracks and pops mate.willi still be able to play ipod as back up

Posté Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 10:02 am
djstaffy wrote :
so this will stop my cracks and pops mate.willi still be able to play ipod as back up

Actually, with V6, this will allow you to use your inputs, while the ASIO driver will not. I found this out sort of the hard way, lol. Now that I am using the RMX as soundcard instead of ASIO (RMX works in ASIO on its own, anyway), my inputs work again :)

Don't forget to click the box to apply EQ to external inputs so you can tweak your iPod input as well.

As for pops and crackles, try setting performance slider all the way to left, disable safe mode and overclock ;)

Posté Sun 14 Jun 09 @ 10:11 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Actually, when enabling "Apply EQ on...", if you look at the Rmx control panel, you will notice that the audio mode is switched automatically to ASIO, (as this is the only mode in which external sources can be used). Technically, it shouldn't make a difference to select either ASIO or Rmx with EQ enabled.

As for ASIO settings, they need to be configured BEFORE launching VDJ. The most important setting is the ASIO buffer size. My suggestion is to start around 10 Ms, use it for a while and see if you notice any problems. If not, you can try going lower (8 or 6 Ms), again , using it for a while.

As for you computer, many things can affect performances and create pops, crackling and the like. The following guide shows you what can be changed to prevent that:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Posté Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 6:43 am
I agree that clicking "apply EQ..." forces the RMX into ASIO mode, but I found that choosing the actual ASIO driver instead of RMX in sound setup caused problems...The inputs do not work, the playing track stops, and a horrible noise is produced when pressing the "source" button in that configuration for some reason.

I've been using a 2ms latency setting in RMX control panel without any trouble since V5.x - not for everyone though.

Posté Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 6:12 pm
I had a problem with a "growling" sound coming out when I would move a jog, slider or knob. This would occur minutes after I began playing and the sound even came through on recordings. SMH

I realized that when the safe mode box was checked in the performance tab, this would occur. Unchecking that box solved the problem.

Posté Thu 18 Jun 09 @ 11:57 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)