Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BIN and CUE Files?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys great software..

I got mine hooked upto a Macbook Pro 2.4 ghz dual processor, with the Hercules RMX Control. This thing Rocks...Just one question...

When I record to CD, virtual dj seems to create these bin and cue files.....Now I use Toast which converts either file to a playable CD...Im just wondering do I need both files? When I put both of them in a Toast folder they seem to have the same contents.

And are these file types good sounding quality and are they industry standard? . I mean they sound good to me but just wanted to check

If someone can give me a quick explanation of each file that would be greatly appreciated and why did virtual dj decide to use these formats

Thanks Again

DJ Dusty

Posté Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 10:19 pm
Although I've not created Bin/Cue files in VDJ I can tell you that the music will be in the "bin" file. The cue file is just a plain text file (ergo the small file size) containing information about the "bin" file - i.e. the track names, start/end positions, length etc. This is why a single bin file can be burned onto cd and split into multiple individual tracks with many popular cd burning tools. Alternatively the tracks can be split direct on your hdd using somw software. Im not sure if its available on Mac OSX but in Windows you can use "Medieval Cue Splitter". However, with a mix created in VDJ I dont know whether such a file could be split as I cant see how the software would know the relative start positions within a mix.

Posté Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 7:53 pm
On Mac Peak can split the files, and export each region to iTunes, or burn even a Red Book cd.

Posté Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 7:45 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)