Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet rip vinyl on 5.2.1

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Where do I find rip vinyl on version 5.2.1 and how do I use it? would love to have some of my vinyl tracks on my MAC

Thanks in advance

Posté Fri 26 Jun 09 @ 7:34 pm
i have no clue. u can use a usb turntable to do it via itunes. but i dont like anything apple or windows make. i just use an audio editing program like audacity use my mixer i have, play the vinyl record. go ahead of the song or spot i want it at. and stop the recoding after the end point i want it.

from my mixer there is a recording output. two rca cable. i got a rca to headphone jack cable. n a headphone audio extender so it can each my computer where ever it is at the time being from my turntable setup. n put it in the input jack. before doing so i put the level half way on my mixer of the master level. after i listen to the file. open up another mp3 in audacity so i get a relative eq peak of what it should look like. n make the recording i have close to it by using a filter to make the sound louder. and chop each end so i got the song to my liking. and when i'm ready to save. i click export. and hav a wide variety of formats to save as. i save an aiff file if i know i want to edit it later. or just put it at a 256 or 192 kbps mp3 file. they say if your gonna mix mp3 files best method is to use 192 - 320 kbps. if ur an audiophile u can tell the difference being blinded. to tell the difference from a vinyl, a cassette, 8 track, laser disc (which is quality cd sound), blu-ray sound, dvd, cd which is 1440 kbps (i believe or something w/ in a few bytes), mp3 (320-32kbps), and radio frequency which is a 96kbps stream over the airwaves. if u wanted to make a ringtone it's either a 24 second clip, in mp3 form 32 or 64 kbps. to send to your phone.

that's what i know after listening, reading n experimenting w/ sound.

Posté Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 1:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)