Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 2 Numark iCDX + Hercules MK2 Console + Virtual Dj ?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mitchozHome userMember since 2008
Hello,

i have used my mk2 console for a while with virtual dj and i think the time has come to buy 2 numark icdx.
well, what i want to ask is, how i have to handle it, to work with these two turntables + my console?
first off all, is it possible to connect the two turntables AND the console to my pc? can i use my console as a normal mixer , so that i can connect the speakers the console?

i want to check all these thinks, befor i am going to buy the turntables.

thanks for your answers :)

Posté Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 1:55 pm
Yes, you can use multiple MIDI controllers with VirtualDJ. The Numark iCDX does not have a sound card, so your Hercules can act as a soundcard and mixer for them.

However, to use this setup, you will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

The free limited version of VirtualDJ that comes with the DJ Console does not allow the use of any other hardware besides the MK2 console.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 2:17 pm
thank you, for your answer.

so there is no other solution, than buying the virtualdj professional version?
If no, do I really have to buy to 300 dollar version, because it seams quite too expensive to me.. guess it would be a better idea to invest that amount into a whole new mixer?

Posté Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 3:36 pm
The version that came with your DJ console was a free gift from Hercules to get you up and running 'straight out of the box'. It is a limited version and only works with the hardware it was intended for - The Hercules DJ Console MK2.

If you want to use other hardware, then yes you will need VirtualDJ Professional to get all of the functionality of the software: Full support for a wide range of MIDI controllers, external mixer usage (Two decks output to two separate channels), timecode vinyl/CD, full screen video and much, much more.

If you register your Hercules DJ Console serial number (Or go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your serial number in the box provided), you will receive a discount of $50 off the normal price.

Alternatively you could purchase the new Hercules DJ Console RMX - This is an updated version of the console that comes with a free limited v5 Console Edition of VirtualDJ and allows you to upgrade to Pro at a discount of $150 off the normal price.

Posté Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 5:09 pm
Hmm...

Before i am doing this, i have to know, if the automatic beatmatching is still working?
And do i have to connect the two players to my console oder per usb to the computer?

Posté Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 10:33 am
All you need to do is connect the iCDX players to your computer/laptop with USB cables. You connect up the MK2 console as normal (As you would do without the iCDX's connected.) It will act as the sound card and mixer for VirtualDJ.

Both the MK2 and the iCDX's will control VirtualDJ simultaneously with the sound coming out of the MK2's soundcard. You can press the PLAY and use the jogwheels, pitch, etc. on the iCDX's or on the MK2 - All act as an interface to control VirtualDJ.

If you want to be able to play audio CD's in the iCDX's, you can also connect the audio output of the iCDX's to the in line inputs of the MK2 console.

NOTE: A better setup would be to purchase a proper hardware DJ mixer and 2 iCDX's. This will then give you the ability to use the audio CD playback capability of the iCDX's as a backup if anything happens to your computer.

Posté Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 1:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)