Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ/ SnowLeopard

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all, just let you know that VDJ runs much smoother in Snow Leopard, almost as good as in Windows XP
Now i can remove bootcamp and just use OSX, great!!!

Posté Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 2:57 am
does it really? how did you test it?

Posté Fri 03 Jul 09 @ 11:47 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
May be jjloevli is a developer. Any other developers who have tried SnowLeopard beta with Virtual DJ 6 the Mac version in here?

Does the the lid, LCD controller problem corrected with the snowleopard beta?

Posté Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 12:05 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I hope the LED problem is fixed too

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 6:42 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does the led work on the players with SnowLeopard?

Posté Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 3:59 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
jjloevli wrote :
Hi all, just let you know that VDJ runs much smoother in Snow Leopard, almost as good as in Windows XP

Yes, Snow Leopard was optimized for multi-threading application like VirtualDJ by using the power of multi-core processor.

At last !!!!

Posté Fri 10 Jul 09 @ 5:08 pm
"10.5.7 Is evil yes this is one of the worst updates apple has ever done. Its not DJ friendly at all. Breaks the rmx and 4500 display not to mention there is a problem with screen resolutions if you are trying to do video. I just finished an archive and install back to 10.5.6 and amazingly enough every thing works again. Sit this 10.5.7 out if you haven't done so already."

Hello, can you test the Denon HC4500 Display? What is happend in the update?

Posté Sat 11 Jul 09 @ 2:53 am
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djcel wrote :
jjloevli wrote :

Yes, Snow Leopard was optimized for multi-threading application like VirtualDJ by using the power of multi-core processor.

At last !!!!

I thought that the code had to be written specifically for grand central dispatch to take advantage of the new multi threading features, although I am no expert.

@ 30 bucks I cant wait to upgrade

Posté Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 9:35 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"grand central dispatch" offers a new way to optimize this with indeed new code (API).

Quote :
Multithreaded programming is not new on the Mac. We have had POSIX threads, or pthreads, (and NSThread on top of that) since OS X 10.0. The Mac has a scheduler that is multi-processor aware and can assign processes and threads to available CPUs as needed

Posté Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 4:59 pm
reasteHome userMember since 2009
Had to read that twice, thought i had missed snow leopards launch lol :P

yet another thing to look forward to

Posté Sun 19 Jul 09 @ 4:29 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)