Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ taking priority over second display.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Here is a question for the dev team or other high-end VDJ users.

We know that VDJ takes priority over the second display. This means that in order to use the second display for another program you have to deactivate the video. Typically, I use a default pro skin and click on the video tab in the upper right next to the config tab. This works 90 % of the time. When I use certain video effects (not sure which ones) I can't release the priority hold of VDJ. Also, after using SBDJ's slideshow for audio only's, I can't release the priority either. I know this because i use another karaoke program that requires the use of the secondary view. This program crashes when i forget to deactivate VDJ's video, when i use SBDJ's slideshow, and when i use some visual eefects along with the video from VDJ.

Can someone inside tell me exactly what happens from the standpoint of VDJ taking priority and another program crashing. And/OR S THERE a surefire way to ALWAYS deactivate and completely deactivate the video for full use of another program that uses the second display?

Posté Sat 04 Jul 09 @ 1:34 am
No comment??? I am just trying to understand the concept of VDJ priotity over the second display. Anyone!! please!?

Posté Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 1:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
When a display device is selected, I would image it switches to DirectX fullscreen mode by resetting the DirectX device with a D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS passed with windowed set to false and the resolution set.

Posté Sun 05 Jul 09 @ 6:58 pm
SBDJ wrote :
When a display device is selected, I would image it switches to DirectX fullscreen mode by resetting the DirectX device with a D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS passed with windowed set to false and the resolution set.

Thanks Scott. But I'm gonna act real dumb for a minute. What do you mean?

Posté Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 1:44 am
anyone else care to add to my education?

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 1:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The only way to completely 'disconnect' VirtualDJ from the second output is to 'Disable' video support in VirtualDJ ... Config -> Video tab -> Enable/Disable button.

Posté Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 7:40 pm
cstoll wrote :
The only way to completely 'disconnect' VirtualDJ from the second output is to 'Disable' video support in VirtualDJ ... Config -> Video tab -> Enable/Disable button.

I'll try that cStoll, although I thought I had tried evrything. I'll let you know.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 12:57 am
Cstoll, I tried that tonight. Did not work as far as completely releasing the VDJ's hold on the second screen. As soon as i went to play a song with the karaoke player i had, it froze, just like it would have if I hadn't deactivated the video.

My question remains why does VDJ have such a strong hold on the priority of the second screen with the only way to totally release it is to close ut VDJ, then I lose my setlist, played songs, etc.

Which makes me ask my second question, "Is it possible to have VDJ keep the playlist after a quick close and a reopen?

Posté Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 1:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)