Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Two soundcards

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi.
I just bought a Hercules DJ Control MP3. But i got a problem, i got two sound cards, one in my computer and a external one. But how do i get the deck that is not playing in the speakers, to play in my headphones. I got the Virtual DJ (DJConsole) edition of the program, and i cant find anywhere in the options that will allow me to use two soundcards. Any help please? (:

Thomas Iversen

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 8:27 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
This version of VDJ doesn't support the use of 2 soundcards. Only the Pro version supports this possibility.

If any of your cards can be configured in 4 channel, then do so and make sure Windows is using it as default device. You will then need to connect your speakers to the FRONT output and headphone to the REAR output.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 11:18 am
Damn cant do that. What kind of crap software is it i bought? :S.. Every DJ needs that function.. damn..

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 11:56 am
There is another way

Look up asio4all if you are using windows.. it adds a software layer between your soundcard(s) and the dj program, fooling it into using as many soundcards as you like.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 12:54 pm
ill try that (: thank you..

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 1:10 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
No luck . This verison doesn't support ASIO either.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 2:02 pm
omg, what does this version support? :b.. Well, think ill try another program.. but thanks for the help :)

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 2:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First you got a FREE limited edition version that is designed to work with the controller it came with. You purchase a controller and not the software.

And you have version 3.4.1 ... from the manual that was installed ...

Use of Headphones
VirtualDJ includes the ability to pre-to listen to a track with the headphones without having to send it to the main output. VirtualDJ has the following three sound configurations:

If you have a soundcard 4.1 or more, having at least one output for the front speakers and another output for the rear speakers, you can select from the configurations, to connect your main speakers to the front output, and your headphones to the rear output. You will be able to then use the selector knobs to select the track which you will want to hear with the headphones.

• If your soundcard does not have two stereo outputs, another solution consists of using a second soundcard (for example an external USB soundcard in addition to your computers internal soundcard), and connecting the speakers one soundcard and the headphones on the other.

• The last solution consists if working mono (the concept of stereo does not apply with nightclubs, most are equipped into mono). You separate your stereo output, and to connect your speakers on left channel and your headphones on the right channel. You can is to use a stereo splitter (attention not to be confused with a stereo multiplier), in other words a 1/8 stereo plug in to two rca/phono plugs.

Posté Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 7:23 pm
Hello Soundwalker,

1) VirtualDJ 3 DJC, sold with DJ Control MP3, it is a limited version sold together with DJ Control MP3 (VirtualDJ Pro cost 249 euros, so you can imagine you have limitation in VirtualDJ 3 DJC version compared to VirtualDJ Pro).

2) It is not a good choice to mix with 2 different sound cards, it is MUCH better to mix on 1 sound card, for 3 reasons:
- latency : when you mix with 2 different sound card, the DJ software must synchronize the 2 sound cards, so you have a higher latency than the latency of the slower sound card
- different audio colors: if the 2 sound cards have audio codecs, the sound will be different on the 2 outputs, so a music you may find OK for transition in your heapdhones may require a re-equalization when played on the mix output, if the output channel is differently equalized
- different Windows mixers: Windows mixer can handle only 1 sound card at a time so you have an instant access to the mixer of only one sound card, which is uneasy if you have to set the volumes.

3) A 5.1 entry basic sound card is OK for mixing with VirtualDJ
- Hercules Muse Pocket Lt cost euros 29
- Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB Mk2 cost euros 50
and you will not find a cheaper DJ software (Traktor Pro cost euros 199, VirtualDJ Pro cost euros 249).

Posté Thu 09 Jul 09 @ 9:27 am
When i buy something for my computer i normally expect it to work with the computer, you wont buy a mouse without buying the driver too. but yeah its right that i haven't bought the PRO software and i wont expect it to be able to use all the functions that the pro comes with, but still thought this one was an essentiel (:

Anyway, ill try some of the things you said. And thank you for the answers (:

Posté Sun 12 Jul 09 @ 11:00 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)