Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet TCV VDJ 6 Pitch Problems (relative mode)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey folks,

i ve been downloading the trial Version of VDJ 6 and used it with my technics 1210 and Serato 2nd edition vinyl.
I`m normaly using serato (I started DJing with the home version of VDJ so I know the basics of the program) but I`m thinking about buying VDJ Pro as well because of all the effects and Extras.

When trying out the TCV control I got 2 problems I dont have with Serato:

1. In relavtive mode (only) the pitch is altering but not displayed on skin. In smart & absolute mode it is displayed ! Why this?
I have to say I am a little Scratch junkie and smart is not perfectly working with backspins (Loop or Scratch beginnings are shifting a little on the Vinyl, absolute mode is not usable for fast vinly looping because of shifts and Jumps by fast backspins.

Is this Display problem new with VDJ 6? Or is it normal that in relative mode the pitch movement is not shown? I dont really know Version 5.

2. The pitch is jumping around by -0.2 to 0 to +0.2 very fast and I cannot stop this.This cannot be heard, but on display it is just confusing. Sometimes it even jumps more so it could be that the music is moving out of sync altough it was beatmatched manually) and I didnt change anything! With serato the pitch is very stable. I ve read in other Diskussions that the problem should be solved by setting the ptich sensitivity to 1000 ms or more ... but that does not solve the problem, it just doesnt jump so frequently. My wish was to use the Sampler as a kind of third channal and sync samples to the music, therefore I need a fast reacting Pitch otherwhise the Samples are running out of beat when I`m pitching.

I ve just read some other topics here but there wasnt really given an answer to these questions. If you could tell me how to solve this I will really consider buying VDJ additionally to my Serato cause i like the skin and Sampler a lot.

Ahhh and: Believe me my Setup is okay, Serato is running fine and @ VDJ I got 100% Vinyl signal (altough: the pitch is jumping).

Hope you can help me!!
Thx

Posté Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 1:11 pm
1 more thing: Is there an ECHO effect with a echo out? I had this in VDJ Home eidtion but i cant see it in VDJ 6 Trial.
Its an effect like at the pioneer 600 mixer ...

Posté Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 1:14 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
HopperDJ wrote :
1 more thing: Is there an ECHO effect with a echo out? I had this in VDJ Home eidtion but i cant see it in VDJ 6 Trial.
Its an effect like at the pioneer 600 mixer ...

Hi HopperDJ,

the Echo Out Effect is in the Sound Effect Area for download.
Hmm, but i don't know if LE User can start the download.

Try it!

See you
Haui

Posté Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 3:57 am
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you search for "BPM Drift" you'll find a few threads on this problem. I had to set my pitch sensitivity and lead time to zero to fix mine. But that does not seem to work for everyone. I am using 5.2.1 Pro.

Posté Wed 22 Jul 09 @ 12:24 pm
Thx for the help Haui70 but this is not the Effect I m searching for. I want the music to fade out completley ... the Echo Out Effect you told me is just temporary overlapping. It is not fading out.

@gangz1
I think Ive to try a little around ... but this BPM thing is the smaller problem compared to the NON Pitch-displaying

Posté Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 11:12 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)