Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet static/buzzing

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Just looking for some advice…..I am getting a static/buzzing sound when I turn on my amp for the PA system. I have tried unplugging all equipment and reconnected everything to see where it is coming from. What I found out is that when I run the computer/laptop on the battery it isn’t there. I explained this to an associate at a guitar/music instrument store, as well as an associate at a high end entertainment store. Both said that a “power conditioner” would solve the problem. It hasn’t. The static/buzzing is less noticeable, but is still there. Again I started to search for the source, and again when I unplug the computer, letting it run on it’s battery, there no problem. I have tried both different outlets, as well as different homes. Got any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Elektrik JT

Posté Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 9:00 pm
Do a search in the forums for "ground loop isolator" or ask your local Radioshack rep for one ;)

Posté Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 10:05 pm
Thanks Doc, you Roc....I'll let you know how it goes.

Posté Fri 24 Jul 09 @ 11:48 pm

Posté Sat 25 Jul 09 @ 7:37 pm

Posté Sun 26 Jul 09 @ 2:45 am
would i need to get a ground loop isolator if im having this problem but not connected to an amp? eg master to monitor speakers and monitor to headphones via 2nd soundcard?

would i need to get one for my pc and another for the monitor or something?

Posté Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 4:58 pm
chunkymonkey2778 wrote :
would i need to get a ground loop isolator if im having this problem but not connected to an amp? eg master to monitor speakers and monitor to headphones via 2nd soundcard?

would i need to get one for my pc and another for the monitor or something?

This usually happens on lappys with three-prong plugs. I suppose it would be possible for it to happen on a destop as well...You wouldn't need an isolator for the monitor AFAIK.

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)