Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Last day to get Windows 7 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you want to try it out today will be your last chance to download and get your key, going to do an install tomorrow on desktop run it a few days and see how it goes with vdj and if i'm happy will also install it to the gig lappy.

anyone with previous experience of Windows 7 good or bad would like to hear please, got to admit off the forums most has all been good news for it so far.

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:27 am
Hi Tayla

I am running Windows 7 32Bit on my home computer and i have got to say I am very impressed so far. I did not like Vista at all. I am still in the process of installing all my programs. Good luck

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 11:02 am
Although ive not personally ran Win7 live with VDJ, there are other DJs in my town who have been brave (or daft) enough..
and it all works as it should do..

In my tesing at home, ive had some issues with an nForce2 motherboard and win7, the ethernet driver keeps crashing, and the onboard audio stops randomly on BBCi player.
But none of those issues would affect VDJ (esp as i use a USB soundcard anyway)

On my netbook PC, win7 sometimes winds down to a crawl with several explorer windows open, which dosent happen in WinXP

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 11:27 am
cheers lads for the input so far, the gig lappy is on vista and for although i've run vista for nearly three years without much or any problems concerning vdj i'm going to give 7 it's chance as i did encounter problems when i tried to use the latest version of 6 and went back to 5.2, as there is only a small minority of us with these problems using 6xx i thought what the hell and give 7 a chance, will let you know how it goes next week if i can ever find this thread again... lol

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 12:02 pm
you can add threads to your browsers favourites list, if you want to find them again.
but some threds never dissapear.
like the one to show off your gear. lol

Back to this topic, ive tryed Win& on my nForce 4 mobo and it does work great.
but overall the nvidia drivers still need a little work.

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 12:51 pm
hehe, know what you mean, some can even be found from two year back for some reason... lol

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 2:46 pm
tayla wrote :
if you want to try it out today will be your last chance to download and get your key, going to do an install tomorrow on desktop run it a few days and see how it goes with vdj and if i'm happy will also install it to the gig lappy.

anyone with previous experience of Windows 7 good or bad would like to hear please, got to admit off the forums most has all been good news for it so far.

Nope you can get a key till Aug 20 if I remember my e-mail correctly?? The one about RTM date.

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 4:24 pm
Just wondering after installing win7 rc , I will loose all of my programs? Pictures, Music etc..... Im considering installing it but im not sure if its going to be alot of trouble.

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 6:31 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am currently duplicating my gig rig under Windows 7 32 bit.

So far, all is very happy. From the WT192L to DAC-2. I have not yet tried the USB audio devices yet. Nor do I have ASIO4ALL installed.

Posté Thu 30 Jul 09 @ 10:24 pm
@madman you are absolutely correct, i've been given duff information, my mate must have been on the vino again the numbty.

Posté Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 4:08 am
HKNYC wrote :
Just wondering after installing win7 rc , I will loose all of my programs? Pictures, Music etc..... Im considering installing it but im not sure if its going to be alot of trouble.

if you have any valuable or personal files you intend to keep, dont (!) keep them stored on your computer only.
make regular backups to another harddrive or to cd/dvd-r's

another way to save important data from your haddrive is to get a harddrive backup software like acronis or ghost. (google these for instructions)

but on the microsoft pages for Win7, they URGE you to make a backup of all your data.

I have dual booted some of my PCs. 2 partitions. put XP on first (partition 1) then once done, setup Win7 on partition 2. Win7 will put a boot menu on that will prompt you to select which OS you require.

** Quick WARNING: to do this, you would be better to format your C: Harddrive, so only do this IF:
1, you know what youre doing.
2. youve made a complete backup using a drive image (to restore if things go wrong)
3. youve read up on installing Operating Systems.
4. youre a full member of MENSA and have an IQ above 100

(No4 is optional)

Posté Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 5:29 am
My IQ is 26, but I'm shit hot with computers ..... something wrong there methinks .......

Posté Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 8:22 am
tayla wrote :
@madman you are absolutely correct, i've been given duff information, my mate must have been on the vino again the numbty.

Np :) My mate is on the development side of 7 so I get all the latest news..:)

Also glad to see Hercules Supports 7 RC now with their latest driver pack!!! Hopefully the next update with VDJ will do the same :)

Quote :

It does have a upgrade feature but I would not chance it with out backing up what I got? whats the worst that can happen? you have 2 copies....lol

Posté Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 11:11 am
i'm just busy dumbing all my fave stuff onto the back up drive just now ready for the install tomorrow, so if i miss anything i'm not going to have a coronary, much to the dismay of the missus... lol

Posté Fri 31 Jul 09 @ 11:46 am
gangz1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I haven't seen anyone mention that on March 1, 2010 your computer will shut down every 2 hours until you load a full copy of Windows 7.

Posté Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 5:39 pm
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I havent tried with Virtual DJ yet, but I like windows 7 a lot

Posté Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 9:44 am
gangz they are giving us enough time to evaluate it so before that time comes round you got an option to pre order it at a really good discount.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 11:08 am
shit in a year i'll have a new machine anyway. i have been running windows 7 on my new editing tower 64 bit quad, 8 gigs loaded and vegas, cool edit all my programs fly. files that used to take 15 -20 minutes to render on a dual 32 bit machine take 2 or 3 minutes now. amazing!

Posté Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 11:41 am
been held up by other things so haven't been able to install it just yet but looking at some of the posts i can't wait until i can find the time.

Posté Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 2:42 pm
Downloading right now...Not sure if I'll try it or not, but I'd rather have the choice, lol.

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:50 pm
87%