Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet RMX mapping help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cjonasPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys,

I'm trying to map the wheels in VDJ 6.01 to react like vinyl_mode=1 when paused (for cueing or scratching) and pitch bend when playing (vinyl_mode=0), only on the active deck, but can't get to it.

I need to do this because it's too easy to accidentally touch the wheels when moving the deck level sliders, so yo get the the track scratched when this happens in the middle of a mix.

Could you give some help with this?

Regards,

Cristian

Posté Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 10:37 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
This is not tested, but you want to use a macro. I would try and set the jog wheels like this:

action deck 1 : pitch_slider : action deck 2: pitch_slider : vinyl_mode

Explanation - action deck 1 ?, if yes, pitch_slider, if not, action deck 2 ?, if yes pitch_slider, if no vinyl_mode. it is either that or this:

action deck 1 : pitch_slider : vinyl_mode & action deck 2: pitch_slider : vinyl_mode

It should be 1 of those 2 or close.

Posté Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 1:19 pm
Hey all!

RMX and vdj6.0.1 are the gears I'm using.

I cant get the jogwheel to work as they used to.
Pressing left + jogwheel to browse the folder window and pressing right+jogwheel to browse the song window

I want to be able to "pitchbend" when i play and I want to be able to scroll.
Browse folders and browse song window as before.
What do I do and how do I do it.

Pls help me out on this topic

// Danne

Posté Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 10:19 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 11:29 am
cjonas wrote :
Hi guys,

I'm trying to map the wheels in VDJ 6.01 to react like vinyl_mode=1 when paused (for cueing or scratching) and pitch bend when playing (vinyl_mode=0), only on the active deck, but can't get to it.

I need to do this because it's too easy to accidentally touch the wheels when moving the deck level sliders, so yo get the the track scratched when this happens in the middle of a mix.

Could you give some help with this?

Regards,

Cristian

Okay, here's a quick fix for you...When you are playing, push the "scratch" button on the RMX so you don't accidently nudge the track inappropriately (this is what I do - believe me, I've had this happen [but it was on the MK2, NOT the RMX - very roomy]). When you want to move quickly through a track, simply push the scratch button again (the light will come on) and you will be back in vinyl mode..It's not an unreasonable thing for a DJ to do - push a button, get what you want, hehehe ;)

I am working on the mapping, but you can work with this for now...It's tricky, but I'm persistent ;)

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 9:35 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)