Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet latency/buzzing issues.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi i hope someone can help please as this is really driving me up the wall now!

i have a desktop pc, spec as follows:-

packard bell i-media 2469 media ventre edition
2.8ghz pentium dual core
2g ddr2 667 ram
cuba ms-731 motherboard
on board realtek ac888 soundcard
cmedia budget pci soundcard
numark total control

ive had this buzzing noise evrytime i move a knob or slider with both the demo version of virtual dj and the numark cue le version.

with vdj demo i could safemode, set latency to auto etc and it would go for a while then come back. had a bcd3000 first, thought this was the fault so sent back, upgraded to numark TC.

loaded cue, still the same, no option to enter safe mode. completely fed up with 2 months of pi$$ing around not really knowing what im doing, got a vista upgrade disc with pc, upgraded to vista.

same noise, tried to go back to xp, but recovery disc will not work fully. it works enough for me to run latency checker and see that on a clean install i have a max of 100 microseconds.

spent all day getting vista back on and fully updated, latest bios, graphics and soundcard drivers. ran dpc, peaks at 1100 on a clean install?!

im really getting fed up now and thinking of sending numark back and saying sod it. can anyone offer any advice on whether its the pc, whether i need to go and buy a second hand laptop or just not bother.

i ran the dpc on next door neighbours compaq laptop, not sure what model but 1.8ghz, 2g ram etc and the latency was just as bad (vista again).

Posté Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 5:20 pm
Are you running your Total Control using the soundcard of your computer to run external speakers and/or an amp? Or just the internal speakers of the computer?

Posté Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 4:01 pm
hi thanks for your reply.

at the moment because i dont see any point in connecting an amp and speakers, im just running my headphones through the c-media pci soundcard and the master output just into the monitor speakers for now via my realtek on board.

the buzzing comes out of both outputs, master and monitor.

i thought it might be best to do it this way to rule out a ground loop, or is this still possible even though ive kinda kept it all 'in house'?

is it something to do with how cue uses the pc, as if i run traktor le theres no problems with sound, just that it doesnt beat match too well! and as i said before, the demo version will cure this problem for a while by safe mode etc but theres no performance tab on cue le.

so is there a way i can make my pc do what the performance tabs on vdj do without the performance tabs?! :-(

Posté Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 4:28 pm
it seems that maybe its something to do with the usb side of things. if i just dont touch anything the sound quality is good, as soon as i move a mouse or the NTC knobs/slider, the sound either pops or buzzes.

would a ground loop isolator possibly cure this?

Posté Thu 06 Aug 09 @ 5:49 pm
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
try this, go to your computer's manufacturer's website and download the latest USB and audio drivers from there. I was having issues and checked everything under the sun and my laptop was even saying my drivers were up to date. However, when I went to HP's website and downloaded the latest USB and audio drivers my problem went away. Just food for thought.

Michael

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 12:18 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
The first time i was using my NTC, was at home.
Every time when i move one of the faders or knobs, i hear the movements through my amps or headphones.

After switch to my notebook and a prof. soundcard, my problems are gone.

Also have a look to your VDJ performance settings.
Presets -> more to the left, then to the right ;-)
Soundcard -> Auto

see you
Haui

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 3:27 am
Try turning Safe Mode off by unticking it in CONFIG -> Performances.

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 12:48 pm
hi thanks for all your replies, unfortunately i forgot to put im using cue that came with the NTC so i cant access the performances tabs.

i downloaded the demo version of vdj and it still does it.

i have a logitech usb keyboard, mouse and external hdd connected through usb, when playing the demo of vdj the noise appears and the music slows down, only when keyboard/mouse/controller touched.

spoke to a guy at work that knows about pc's more than me, he said try an externally powered usb hub for keyboard/mouse/hdd then use the NTC's power cord too, and plug the NTC's usb into the pc rather than the hub. his thinking was the usb's power supply may not be enough to stop the power being drawn from the motherboard causing such issues as ive had.

did all this, now the right jogwheel doesnt work and the buzzing is still there. reinstalled cue and tried another usb port, still same. NTC refuses to respond, did firmware check, firmware gone again for second time.

aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggghhhh! is pc dj'ing really this complicated or am i just incredibly unlucky?!

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 5:06 pm
FuskitPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was having the same issue with CUE and VDJ when I first started as well, hell it even got worse when I would change USB ports around. but like I said before I downloaded the latest drivers for USB and Audio from my laptop's manufacturer (HP) and it fixed the problem right up. have you tried that yet?

Michael

Posté Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 12:14 am
hi fuskit, i know i have all the latest drivers for soundcards and motherboard etc as i just "upgraded" to vista earlier this week. i couldnt see any mention of usb drivers so ill have another look later today.

Posté Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 2:16 am
hi, ive had another look at the packard bell page, cant see anything about usb drivers though.

the only way i thought maybe i could do it was to update the drivers through the device manager, but it comes up that windows says i have the best drivers installed for everything listed.

is this a reliable way to check for driver updates?

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/index.php?pn=PB34330701&g=2000

Posté Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 7:33 am
The normal onboard soundcards are not the best for djing.
You can't get the latency or sound quality like with soundcard who are desiged for djing.
Especially if you go out for djing at the club, bars or do a mobile gig.

For me a good soundcard is, beside good music, the most needed thing!

My position ;-)

So if you have the chance, go out to a dealer for DJ Equipment and try one with your equipment.

I personal would like to advise you following soundcards from http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/home/?content=872
Sorry i only know the prize in euro.

Audio2DJ 100€
Audio4DJ 200€
Audio8DJ 400€

For me at the moment the best usb soundcards with more then a fair prize for all the features.

But it is my choice;-)
I'm sure, out there some others, lol ;-)

BTW, when you register your soft, you have access to some nice features here at the webside and a update version of your bought version.

See you
Haui

Posté Sat 08 Aug 09 @ 7:50 am
hello haui, thanks for your advice, so im best off bypassing the onboard and pci soundcards altogether? the people that supplied the numark said to try a dj i/o so maybe id better get the wallet out again then.....

Posté Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 7:51 am
Hey chunkymonkey,

The noise issues you're experiencing is the same I had when I first started using the Total Control. You def have to go into the config menu and uncheck the safe mode, and if that doesn't work, you may have to play with the latency settings. If you can hear it in your home setting that's good...I couldn't hear it at home but it showed up clear as day on a club sound system.

If you are unable to get into the menu to make the changes, sorry man you may have to upgrade to a a licensed version. The DJ I/O is a great soundcard, designed for VDJ, Cue and is also designed (obviously) to work with the Total Control. However, you are still going to deal with that noise issue, so having a licensed version will allow you to dial in your settings for a great sound. Good luck!

-e

Posté Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 8:45 am
The DJ I/O is also a good soundcard but i prefer the above described cards ;-)

If you use one of these cards, your internal cards are not longer needed during use VDJ.
You only had do some settings inside VDJ or CUE.
I'm not sure, how to do with the LE Versions ;-), but i belive it is the same way.
Config -> Soundcards

Do you use the included LE Version or one off the unofficial VDJ versions? (Config -> Info)
Let me tell you, the unofficial versions has some bugs included and do sometimes things, the normal versions doesn't;-)
When you run the VDJ V6 Trial = Config -> Performance you found the the needed adjustments.

BTW ;-) Nearly every DJ Soundcard is desiged for VDJ! Take only a look to the specs! (NI/Hercules/Numark/RME/m-audio ........)

See you
Haui

Posté Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 3:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)