Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet play 2 songs at once?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've read how to do it, search for a plus sign, but my skin doesn't have it. I do see a + paired with a - twice, but when I click there with either mouse-button nothing appears. I tried pressing ctrl+space as recommended, but all that does is play 1 song. I have the skin Virtual Dj full. I like it, it's simple enough as I am obviously a total amateur :P ...I don't want to have to switch to any other skin. Plus, I have a small screen 800 X 600, most other skins are build for bigger ones.

Please don't tell me to look through the user guide, if you know how to do it I'd appreciate it so much if you'd explain how. Go here, click there, do so and now you can play 2 songs at once. thanks ^^

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 1:08 pm
I mean of course, played simultaneously. I know you can make both songs play together. I need to make them both play instantly.

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 1:10 pm
The easiest answer to this question is to place the crossfade in the center position. Then as both decks are playing you can hear each equally. (as opposed to full left or full right and hearing only that deck)

Or did you mean something else?

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 3:40 pm
Something else. ^^ just when I think I explain things right..I'm not even making sense :P I just discovered the crossfader btw and yea <3 it. I meant: I need to start 2 songs at the exact same moment. Do you know how it's done?

Posté Fri 07 Aug 09 @ 7:13 pm
bind one button to start both decks

Posté Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 10:58 pm
Maybe have the crossfader set in the center, and then with your mouse click play on one deck and with ur keyboard hit P to start the other deck. Make sure that deck is selected though.

Posté Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 10:23 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've noticed something lately with the RMX and the crossfader in the centre position - the track on deck A is reduced in volume by approx 20% - I sometimes have the crossfader set to centre before starting track B if I want to have a very quick transition with no crossfade effect (I have crossfade set to FULL so I would not expect volume reduction on deck A to start until I had moved the crossfader beyond the half way mark and towards deck B)

Posté Mon 28 Sep 09 @ 8:56 am
radiofc wrote :
I've noticed something lately with the RMX and the crossfader in the centre position - the track on deck A is reduced in volume by approx 20% - I sometimes have the crossfader set to centre before starting track B if I want to have a very quick transition with no crossfade effect (I have crossfade set to FULL so I would not expect volume reduction on deck A to start until I had moved the crossfader beyond the half way mark and towards deck B)

has anyone else seen this problem?

Posté Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 6:58 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Try different crossfader options.

Posté Mon 05 Oct 09 @ 8:21 pm
For some reason during the gig where I had the problem I must've had the crossfader set to SMOOTH - it is now set to FULL and as expected it works fine. Thanks for the reply Tearemup

Posté Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 11:04 am
i know this forum is dead but in vdj key mapping menu, choose the key and under actions write "deck 1 play_pause & deck 2 play_pause". it will play and or pause both at the same time

Posté Tue 15 May 12 @ 7:48 pm
afw27Home userMember since 2013
That is perfect! Thanks!

Posté Sun 26 May 13 @ 9:28 pm
My favourite trick at the moment is to map a button or two to clone the deck entirely.

eg: clone_deck x (where 'x' is the deck number, 1, 2, 3, whatever.)

This means you can have the track playing normally on deck 1, and have deck 2 playing the same time with a choice of effect switched on. That way, you can cut to deck 2, have it play the part with the effect on, and cut back to deck 1 playing normally as if nothing ever happened. Useful for a brake effect!

Also, you can clone a deck at any time during a track. Handy.

Ta
Mike

Posté Mon 10 Jun 13 @ 2:14 pm
ok i have a similar question.. how can i listen to both of the songs playing in my earphones not the speakers?

Posté Fri 12 Jul 13 @ 9:08 pm
Hector1591 wrote :
ok i have a similar question.. how can i listen to both of the songs playing in my earphones not the speakers?

Depending on the skin you use some have a 'mix knob' which can adjust to only listen to the cued track or mix of both song.

Posté Sat 13 Jul 13 @ 1:50 pm
It might be too late to reply to this, but also, you can select one deck, then move your mouse cursor over to the play button of the other deck. Then click and press the space button at the same time. The space button activates the selected deck while the mouse activates the other.

Posté Mon 09 Dec 13 @ 6:03 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)