Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Korg Zero 4 + VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I was wondering how well vdj worked with the zero 4 mixer. has anyone had problems? since the zero 4 has a soundcard built in, do i need the vv box?

Posté Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 9:22 pm
I have the Zero4 and it works good. I use the Korg's sound card, connected via ASIO by MIDI over firewire, no issues. I have also programmed some of the buttons and sliders without a problem (in 5.2). If you are going to use time code CDs you will have to get the tractor patch from the Korg Japan site to allow channels 1 & 2 to transmit the timecode/audio signals properly.
I also am using Win XP Pro as I was losing connectivity in Vista. If you are having issues with the Korg, search the UK and Japan sites for different drivers and patches they don't have on the US site.
Overall, I really like the Korg Zero4 and it will allow you to do some amazing things to you mix, especially if you play club, trance, etc...

Posté Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 8:54 pm
Hi!
I´m also using the Korg Zero 4. I first had a laptop with windows xp on it. Had no problems connecting and installing the Korg. Then i had to switch to a laptop with windows vista on it. Had some problems in the beginning as the Zero 4 always lost connection to the integrated firewire interface of my laptop. I then switched to a pcmcia Card with a texas instruments firewire chip and never had any issues again. (so this was no issue with VDJ!)

To answer your question. You won´t need the virtual vinyl soundcard as the Korg Zero 4 has its own integrated soundcard. So you just need the mixer + timecode Vinyl oder timecode CDs.

Also midi mapping is very simple. I use some knobs to jump through Cue-Points i set or use the fx-on/off switch for turning on effects and so on.

Posté Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 6:52 am
Do you think i will have problems using a mac? Also are you able assign midi to the crossfader while mixing video?

Posté Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 8:49 pm
you can map just about anything on the volume faders, xfader and most buttons. i too run with the zero 4 as sound card, midi and mixer with no real issues running vista 32 bit and a dedicated laptop. just make sure all your firewire drivers are up to date as well as your firmware for the lorg. i believe its at like 1.50 or 1.52 now. check the korg site. i use mine 4 nights a week mixing 99% video and i love the mixer. it was the best $730 i have sepnt on equipment in a LONG time. if you have the $$$ GET ONE!

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 7:51 am
Have you done a video demo? if so where do i check it out?

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 2:42 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I play in a radio staiton which has just got a Zero4 and it's a really cool mixer.
Their setup from left to right is Turntable (CH1), CDJ (CH2), Mixer, CDJ (CH3), Turntable (CH4). I use the turntables with VDJ while my friend uses the CDJs with normal CDs. Does anyone know if it is possible to use Channels 1 and 4 of the mixer in VDJ? It's more straight-forward if the mixer channels are in sequence with the decks and then I don't want to have to move the plugs around when I arrive and leave.

Thanks in advance
Craig

Posté Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 8:46 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Only channels 1 and 2 are supported for TCD/TCV.

-David

Posté Mon 24 Aug 09 @ 11:01 am
Thanks. Is this a limitation in VDJ or the mixer drivers? The mixer manual indicates the all channels are available on firewire and the Tractor patch instructions indicate that all 4 channels are available in Tractor. Oh and there's a DJ on another thread using channel 3 for sampler. If the VDJ ASIO I/O is limited the the first 2 channels then possibly I should raise this as feature request for the developers, if someone else hasn't already done so.

Posté Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 2:40 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ can actually use other channels ;)

Posté Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 7:26 am
Ok. I'm trying to work out if there is a work-around. If VDJ can handle 4 channels on ASIO drivers and the Korg driver sends all 4 channels then does anyone know why VDJ won't recognise channels 3&4 on the Korg Zero4?

Posté Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 8:51 am

Posté Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 9:05 am
one thing i still can't get rid of the tiny clicks during play with the asio sound card in the korg, i have tried to adjust ALL of the settings via the asio but nothing works. high low nothing.

Posté Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 9:53 am
Last couple of weeks whenever I've connected firewire to the zero4 live it's cut the analogue feed (not good in a live radio show) so I've ended up reverting back to Virtual Vinyl. I will try to get to the studio early and get firewire working before the show this week (Sunday) and see how the mixer performs. I'll let you know if I get clicking. I did have firewire running after the show a couple of weeks ago but I wasn't listening for sound quality.

Sorry, I should have posted a link rather than being lazy and making a reference. I'm very impressed by your video. I wish I could mix like you.

Posté Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 7:46 am
Thanks i have been djing for 14 + years so it comes with time.

i too notice the audio drop out when plugging and unplugging the fire wire cable. it happened to me at a wedding this week during diner when i moved my laptop. are you running vista and did you recently do updates when it started? that's kinda when my clicks and pops started. i reformatted and started over on the gig machine with drivers and patches etc and i think i have got the tiny clicks and pops down to tolerable. i'll know after the next few nights out.

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)