Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Denon DN-S1200

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

After months of using the Hercules RMX, I really am starting to enjoy the art and appreciation of DJing (even by starting out small with a Hercules RMX haha).

I do think I would somewhat like to up the ante, and have been looking at the DN-S1200 from Denon. I'd love to be able to use my RMX as a mixer for the DN-S1200.

Will this work/Is this considered Time Code?

I would imagine I would run the Line Out (from the DN-S1200) into the inputs of the RMX?

Anyways, just kind of would like to hear back responses on the DN-S1200.

Thanks

Posté Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 10:03 am
bump

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 10:31 pm
VirtualDJ Professional allows multiple MIDI controllers to be used at the same time, so yes, you could use both the Hercules RMX and the Denon S1200's at the same time.

You could either continue to use the sound card of your RMX as you do now (Just simply add the S1200's), or if it has analogue inputs, you can plug the outputs of the S1200's into these instead (Might be useful if you wish to be able to play audio CD's via the S1200's.)

The S1200 is still MIDI, so this is not timecode. However, they do also work as standard CD players, so you could use them via timecode if you wanted, but this would be pointless seeing that they are MIDI compatible. You would also lose the MIDI capabilities of the players, such as display of Artist/Title, BPM, etc. and buttons to trigger effects and cue points.

NOTE: To use the S1200's, you will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Your Hercules DJ Console RMX license entitles you to a discount of $150 off the normal price. Please go to the above page and enter your RMX Console Edition serial number in the box provided to receive this.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 12:18 pm
Much appreciated.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 1:18 pm

You could either continue to use the sound card of your RMX as you do now (Just simply add the S1200's), or if it has analogue inputs, you can plug the outputs of the S1200's into these instead (Might be useful if you wish to be able to play audio CD's via the S1200's.)

So if If i plug the outputs of the S1200's into the inputs of the Hercules... does only the Hercules have to be plugged in via USB?

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 1:20 pm
jlundy21 wrote :
So if If i plug the outputs of the S1200's into the inputs of the Hercules... does only the Hercules have to be plugged in via USB?

The S1200's need to be connected by USB too if you wish to use them as MIDI controllers (The MIDI Interface and build-in sound cards require a USB connection to function), so in total you would need 3 USB ports (2x S1200 + RMX)

If you use the S1200's with timecode CD's, then you would not need to connect them by USB, but you would lose the added functionality and capabilities that MIDI provides.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 1:30 pm
Thats interesting.. 3 USB ports.
I know my MAC book only offers 2 ports, I wonder what the other solution is.

Unless, I don't use my RMX (although wanted to use it as a mixer).. and just plug in both DNS and go from there

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 2:50 pm
You could always use a hardware DJ mixer, eliminating the need for the RMX.

Alternatively, you could add a powered USB hub, but that might give performance problems.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:19 pm
Yeah I see what you mean.
I just hate the act of "putting away"/not using a piece of equipment you know..

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:51 pm
If i just plug in the 2 DN S1200s, how would I control the cross fade between the 2 decks?

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 4:04 pm
If you use an external DJ mixer, simply move the crossfader on the mixer (You would hook up each DN-S1200 to a separate channel.) Unless you are doing video of course, in which case you would still need a MIDI compatible mixer.

Alternatively, you could a button on the DN-S1200 to perform an auto-crossfade.

I'd recommend trying the powered USB hub first to see how you get on - Plug the RMX direct into your computer and plug the two DN-S1200 into the hub. Test it thoroughly at home to make sure there are no problems.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 4:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)