Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Upgrading Issues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Anyone Have any upgrade issues?
When I moved to version 6, I did a gig right after.. bad idea..
I had to switch to Itunes because for some reason the sound quality got real bad and the quality kept hopping to 0%. (sounded like the song was skipping all over)

I fixed it by uninstalling virtual DJ completely, reinstalling, and setting up the factory defaults and reconfiguring from there.

I lost all my music history and playlists, but that's okay.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:13 pm
blacklabelskater2 wrote :
Anyone Have any upgrade issues?
When I moved to version 6, I did a gig right after.. bad idea..
I had to switch to Itunes because for some reason the sound quality got real bad and the quality kept hopping to 0%. (sounded like the song was skipping all over)

I fixed it by uninstalling virtual DJ completely, reinstalling, and setting up the factory defaults and reconfiguring from there.

I lost all my music history and playlists, but that's okay.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues?

Rule #1. Never, EVER gig with a brand new version until you've had time to test and tweak.

Rule #2. Please refer to Rule #1.

LOL. Seriously, though...You need to put a new version through its paces and know exactly how it will behave before playing live with it. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble, and you could end up losing customers and getting bad publicity as a result...Very serious stuff IMHO.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the quality kept hopping to 0%." Can you elaborate?

You probably did not have to do a complete uninstall, but you have, so we can't un-ring that bell.

When you're ready to test V6.0.1 again, let us know BEFORE you install it (there is a way to keep both versions for emergencies), and we'll try and get things working together ;)

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:23 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :

Rule #1. Never, EVER gig with a brand new version until you've had time to test and tweak.

Rule #2. Please refer to Rule #1.

LOL. Seriously, though...You need to put a new version through its paces and know exactly how it will behave before playing live with it. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble, and you could end up losing customers and getting bad publicity as a result...Very serious stuff IMHO.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the quality kept hopping to 0%." Can you elaborate?

You probably did not have to do a complete uninstall, but you have, so we can't un-ring that bell.

When you're ready to test V6.0.1 again, let us know BEFORE you install it (there is a way to keep both versions for emergencies), and we'll try and get things working together ;)

Thank you for your reply. Yes it was a bad move on my part. Last minute gig and I just upgraded so didn't have time to test. Luckily I followed Rule #3 and had a backup plan :) I was prepared for a backup on the fly right away. I've spent alot of time lately figuring everything out and tweaking it for my setup. I use timecoded vinyls. To elaborate more on the 0% issue..It's when you go to Config>>Sound Setup>>TimeCode Config. It tells you the quality (of the timecode reading I'm guessing). It was really bad and was Jumping from 100% to 0% on my one deck. Funny thing is.. in Serato its at 100% quality the whole time... I messed with my latency settings though, and changed them from "Fast" to "Quality" and 2048 Latency. I did not know my SL1 could support that much latency. I hope my rig can last a 5 hr gig with these settings... Off to more testing I suppose. I have alot to learn.

Oh and as far as the Uninstall.. I saved the Virtual DJ folder created in My Documents to another location as a backup before I uninstalled.. I'm guessing that's where vdj saves all the databases and song lists. I just don't know which file to recover.. I'm guessing just the VDJ 6 database file?

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 9:40 pm
Yep...Forgot about rule #3, lol!

We can talk more about the files when you install v6 again...

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 10:35 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :

Hey,

I've got V6 setup again. Any suggestion to which files I should replace from the original backup to obtain my play lists?

Thanks

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 8:54 pm
blacklabelskater2 wrote :
discjockeydoc wrote :

Hey,

I've got V6 setup again. Any suggestion to which files I should replace from the original backup to obtain my play lists?

Thanks

Sorry, haven't been on in a while...

Go to your backup that you made and look for a directory named "Playlists" (it would be under the VirtualDJ directory of the backup, if that was the way you did it), select all the playlists that you want and copy those files into the My Documents>VirtualDJ>Playlists folder in your new V6 setup ;)

Posté Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 10:47 pm
i think my hair fell out after the upgrade. My time code is messed up . I have been working on it all night. what happend to the old time codes in the sound card set up. IM using a mkIII and it will not play the cd. I dont get it , I adjusted the speed and reburned it.

Posté Tue 25 Aug 09 @ 2:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)