Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Help with songs skipping. Using VDJ6/SeratoSL1/Line Settings

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I DJ alot of parties. Many of these parties involve a bunch of people dancing around. The problem is that I use Time coded Vinyl via Serato Scratch Live 1. I have everything setup for Line and not Phone (I've heard this is better for Stanton Decks) I have a digital mixer (Behringer the only good one they make). When people jump it moves my turntables (moves the needle slightly) and the music starts to skip all around in Virtual DJ and sound like crap.

Settings I have in Virtual DJ:
It is optimized for Speed and not Quality
I am using Smart Relative Mode
I am using Quality for Scratching
Inputs: Both timecodes
Output: External Mixer
Soundcard: SL1

I've also noticed that even when people aren't jumping around the quality of the timecodes goes from 100% to 29% and jumps back and forth. (but the audio won't skip in this situation) I thought that purchasing new rca cables and cartiges/needles would fix this. Same results. The only thing I can think of is microscopic dust on the timecode vinyls? I've cleaned them with a soft towel. no improvement. I've noticed that under debug disabling pitch has helped a little.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks! :D

Update: I noticed switching from "Smart Relative" to just "relative" Has helped significantly. Any other suggestions? Also I found that changing my latency to 2048 and settings optimized for Quality instead of speed have also helped alot.. oO I'm suprised my Laptop can handle it: Dell D630 xp32bit 4gig ram. 2ghzcore2. SL1 audio card.

Posté Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 8:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)