Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet change pitch (key) without changing speed

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is it possible to change the pitch of a song without changing the speed, so that the vocals sound lower (deeper) but the tempo of the song stays the same? I guess this would sort of be like the opposite of what the timestretching feature does.

I have tried disabling timestretch and slowing down the "pitch", but this slows down the tempo in addition to the pitch. I don't see a keylock button, which is described in other posts (maybe this was a ver 5 function).

If it is not possible to change the pitch without changing the tempo, then is it possible to turn timestretch on and off using a keyboard shortcut?

Posté Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 5:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You want to change the key. Thats also conveniently the VDJScript as well. You can also turn keylock on and off via keybaord shortcut too (key_lock).

Posté Mon 17 Aug 09 @ 7:03 pm
Thanks for the idea but how do I change the key? (Can you elaborate on what you mean by it being the VDJ script?) The only shortcuts I see under all that begin with k are kill_bass kill_ high and kill_medium. Do I need the professional version maybe to do this?

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 7:13 am
If you are using VirtualDJ Console Edition v3 that came with your DJ console, that version does not not support key lock. Key lock was added in later versions of VirtualDJ.

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 12:27 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)