Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Karaoke (CDG) has visual artifacts (mouse droppings)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

Trying karaoke tracks freshly ripped, I noticed sometimes pixels are left behind.

Now, is that the nature of cdg or a vdj/codec issue?

Ripping via Audiograbber to CDG+Compressed and then MP3Toolz to package them to zip.

Thanks gang!

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 7:57 am
ewitles wrote :
Gang -

Trying karaoke tracks freshly ripped, I noticed sometimes pixels are left behind.

Now, is that the nature of cdg or a vdj/codec issue?

Ripping via Audiograbber to CDG+Compressed and then MP3Toolz to package them to zip.

Thanks gang!

I have this issue in quite a few of my files but it doesn't harm anything. It probably occurs during the ripping stage. Possibly on anomaly that was in the disc itself.

DJ RuDe

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 2:06 pm
Hell yeah.
But some of my old disks that wouldnt play in the old cdg deck do now work once ripped.
But some files leave more than little droplets of pixcels, some change colour, some songs just gives up half way on the graphics. lol

But with brand new discs, ye, id certainly expect it, as the CDG is hidden within the audio as an in-audiable data stream, and in conventional players, there is a hardware decoder.

In our world, we are emulating this Hardware Decoder while riping the track, so things might not translate as planned 1% or 2% of the time.

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 5:13 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey ewitles & marksmolinski

Try this software

Best thing todo & I know it works is to download the demo or buy MTU Microstudio @ http://www.mtu.com/basics/karaoke.htm to rip you're disc.
Best quality is *.bin format to import, you have options in Microstudio.
Import one disc. with Microstudio to try it.
Then configure MP3+G Toolz.
Go to options, Zip Compression, set it to 3 or 4 click ok to save settings.
Then also set up file naming format I use, DISC-TRACK - ARTIST - TITLE.

Then right click over import folder, trigger MP3-G Toolz and zip files in the folder. (Bin to Zip)

Migrate files to you're VDJ folder and scan.

Works every time with 30k files no problems.

Good Luck

Joey......

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 9:02 pm
Well, I just reripped w/ AG and used the 4x setting - much more better.

I am ripping for a friend who does not have the time (or patience).

Thanks gang!

Posté Tue 18 Aug 09 @ 9:37 pm
i have a fair few like that it's down to scratched discs can be a right pain at times

Posté Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 8:25 am
I run mostly downloaded mp4(zipped) karaoke. I used VDJ with karaoke for first time last night and I have the same problem. And I do not have the problem with my regular software that I have been running my gigs from. Hoping to find a solution, cause I want to run a gig this weekend with VDJ.....

Posté Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 12:52 pm
This tends to happen when cdg discs are ripped at high speed when doing so with Nero for example so slowing the rip speed in this case is an obvious solution. Many cases can be the actual cd reader not handling the info, or as mentioned old discs.

With respect to the mp4 downloaded karaoke. I would advise that you find a better source.

A solution is that if you own the original discs then get a copy from another source. Sunfly gave me full permission in writing to make a second copy of their discs for backup purposes. Although I much prefer Protrax and Mr Entertainer for quality and selection.

Posté Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 8:00 pm
DJRudeDoGG wrote :
This is not really part of the majority of the conversation here but it pertains entirely to the thread title and topic...Here is a 4 part YouTube tutorial I did on ripping CDG discs to CD+G files, then converting them to a single zip file for simplicity's sake. The final video in the series briefly explains how to initialize and use your new files with the most recent VDJ releases including 6.0 and 6.0.1 and beyond I'm sure...

Part I

Part II

Part III

Part IV

If you have any questions leave them in the comment section of the corresponding video on my channel.

DJ RuDe Helps DJs!

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

This worked for me in version 5 and it continues to work in version 6.

Both of the programs I use in steps and it is flawless. Watch the videos and see

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posté Wed 19 Aug 09 @ 9:01 pm
I ended up getting Power CD+G Burner. And so far, all problem rips have gone away.

Just keep AG around 'just in case'.

Posté Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 8:47 pm
Yep, that's what I use as I show in the videos above. It's the best program I've found for ripping CDG's.

DJ RuDe

Posté Fri 21 Aug 09 @ 1:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)